Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Priority test

GoodEnough

Post Wed, Mar 18 2009, 6:37 pm
What would you do first if you were in a situation where:

The baby is crying.

The clothes are hanging outside and it has started to rain.

The water is running from the tap.

The doorbell is ringing.

The phone is ringing.

Think about what you will do first, then second and so on
Each action reflects the priorities that you have set in your life

boruchhashem

Post Wed, Mar 18 2009, 6:51 pm
First shut off the tap
Then pick up the baby
Then pick up the phone
Then answer the door
Then when it stops raining, bring in the laundry and rewash it. I hate the smell of it from the rain....

Raisin

Post Wed, Mar 18 2009, 6:56 pm
it depends where I am in relation to all of these. turn off tap/pick up baby, whichever is closer. Then door, then phone (ignore phone probably), then laundry.

Maya

Post Wed, Mar 18 2009, 6:59 pm
First the doorbell, because that means someone is waiting. The caller can always call back. The clothes can get dry later, there's no emergency in a tap running, and babies can usually cry for 3-4 minutes while the mother is doing more important stuff.

Did I do good or bad?

ss321

Post Wed, Mar 18 2009, 7:15 pm
muminlondon wrote:
What would you do first if you were in a situation where:

The baby is crying.

The clothes are hanging outside and it has started to rain.

The water is running from the tap.

The doorbell is ringing.

The phone is ringing.

Think about what you will do first, then second and so on
Each action reflects the priorities that you have set in your life

baby is crying either goes first or last, depending on what kind of cry it is. Hurt or problem cry- get the baby. Tired and crying him/herself to sleep - non issue
so now the other 4:
1. doorbell first- dont keep them waiting, and there is no way to "trace" who was at the door (unless you have a camera that actually records who is there. but you get my point)
2. get the clothes. just because it would be annoying to have to re-wash all of them.
3. turn off the water. when you say the water is running, I am assuming you mean the sink is on. not the water is overflowing. that is something else entirely. at any rate, this is no emergency.
4. phone is ringing - that is what caller id is for. in todays day and age...either you check who it is and call them back, or they left a message, or if it was important enough to them, they will call back. I often let my phone ring if I am in the middle of doing something and dont want to deal with it. phone calls are easy to "procastinate" and push off to a time that is more convenient.

ok. did I pass or fail.

ruthla

Post Sun, Jun 07 2009, 4:44 pm
Baby first. Then I'd answer the door with the baby in my arms. I might turn off the tap on the way to the baby or on the way to the door if I'm walking past it anyway.

I don't answer the phone when I'm busy- that's whay my answering machine is for!

Depending on who's at the door, I might start taking in the laundry from the rain while chatting with the person I'd just let in. But I'm just imagining what I'd do since I don't actually hang laundry outside.

Twoisacharm

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 12:08 pm
pick up baby, shut tap, answer door, pull in the clothes, answer phone.....I think

grin

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 12:14 pm
I would first take the clothes down - esp. if it's winter, since I may need them before they have a chance to dry again. Then baby (sorry, but in my experience, crying babies take more time than taking down clothes- and I'd rather ignore the baby some than have to put him/her down right after picking him up.), then shut off the tap (while holding baby), then door. After all that, I would try to call back whoever had been calling on the phone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics