Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Embarassing books?
Previous  1  2  3

Clarissa

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 4:33 pm
We keep separate bookshelves. I buy more books than he does, so I often give little hints that, with me being the book-lover, maybe I should get a little space on one of his. He answers me with an angry glare. But I've secretly squeezed a few of mine onto his.

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 4:37 pm
Clarissa wrote:
We keep separate bookshelves. I buy more books than he does, so I often give little hints that, with me being the book-lover, maybe I should get a little space on one of his. He answers me with an angry glare. But I've secretly squeezed a few of mine onto his.

What do you mean by secretly? Doesn't he notice it or do you put yours in the back?

Clarissa

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 4:42 pm
MeThinks wrote:
Clarissa wrote:

What do you mean by secretly? Doesn't he notice it or do you put yours in the back?
He doesn't check his shelves, so I just kind of squeeze mine in next to his. No, he doesn't notice. Or he's so used to things being disorganized here that he wouldn't bother mentioning something like one of my books next to his.

Mommy3.5

Post Fri, Jul 03 2009, 10:26 am
louche wrote:
]Books on TM are in a drawer with other personal items such as feminine hygiene supplies and bedika cloths, just as cookbooks are in a kitchen cabinet. It's only logical, to say nothing of efficient, to store things where they're used.

Genre fiction isn't worth keeping. I read it and get rid of it. The only secular books I keep are nonfiction: reference works, how-to books or items I will not be able to find in the library, like song books. Maybe the odd Jewish history book or coffee-table book.

Space is too precious to waste it on Nora Roberts, or even Isaac Asimov.

You keep your TH books in the bathroom? Cause thats where I keep the bedikah cloths... LOL

I am not embarrassed about owning non jewish books. But most of my books are kept either in my bedroom or in a locked cabinet as my baby is a book destroyer and likes to remove books from shelves.

louche

Post Fri, Jul 03 2009, 12:52 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:

You keep your TH books in the bathroom? Cause thats where I keep the bedikah cloths... LOL

Would you keep your bedikah cloths in the central Bus Station? because except for its size, that's what our bathroom is like: the most heavily trafficked room in the house, and the only one for access to which you sometimes need to take a number to reserve your place in queue. Other than toothbrushes and towels, nothing personal is stored there, "personal" meaning not only things of an intimate nature but also individually owned property. If you prefer to use soap or dental floss different from the ones provided by the management, you bring it with you and take it back with you.

Mommy3.5

Post Fri, Jul 03 2009, 5:30 pm
We have a cabinet in the bathroom for anything that belongs in the bathroom. I would think its more embarrassing to have to carry sanitary items to and from the bathroom when needed.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics