Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Have you ever gotten the cops called on you???
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Clarissa

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:11 pm
Akeres Habayis wrote:
clarissa,I've said it before,I really think u can make a living as a comedian.
Thank you, that's really sweet, but I think some of the people who read that here will choke on their Cheerios.

Dini

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:48 pm
I'm also waiting for the complete story from the OP.

Clarissa, I would encourage you to come visit boro park on Purim to see all the hanging hamans. The kids are totally not traumatized, they take it as matter of fact.

Clarissa

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:51 pm
Dini wrote:

Clarissa, I would encourage you to come visit boro park on Purim to see all the hanging hamans. The kids are totally not traumatized, they take it as matter of fact.
No, thank you. I would be traumatized.

Clarissa

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 12:55 pm
Just found a picture of it on Google Images. No thank you, I do not ever want to see that in person, nor would I want my kids to.

gryp

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 1:06 pm
The few I've seen around here weren't realistic looking. But once I was out-of-town and some people hung "Hamans" from windows, from a traffic light, all over. The police were pretty busy that day. Those realistic ones are pretty gross. People were horrified.

e1234

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 1:18 pm
Not the police but when my dd was almost 2 we decided she couldn't sleep in my bed anymore ( I was 8 months pregnant) We tried every nice way we could and finally decided we would go into our room and let her cry it out.
she cried by our door which is also next to the door to our house.
We had moved a few months before so the neighbors didn't know us yet.
It was 11 at night when she was crying and the neighbors broke into our house assuming we left our kids alone and went to the hospital. We suddenly heard voices in our living room - my husband ran out I to find 3 neighbors standing there. - it took a while to get over this one.
and we had installed security gates on our back door 2 nights before so now we knew they were not secure.

JC

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 1:28 pm
Dini wrote:

<snip>
The kids are totally not traumatized, they take it as matter of fact.

How sad for these children. I think that in itself is a big problem.

pacifier

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 4:03 pm
mama-star wrote:
one time my 2 yr old dialed 911. a cop came to the door and said, "ma'am, is everything ok?" I said "yes, why?" he said someone called 911 from our house. I felt so bad. I gave him a beautiful chocolate cookie for his efforts (the cop, not my 2 yr old). LOL

I had the same thing with 20 months old calling 911, somebody knocking at the door and me taking my time "coming, coming!!" to discover two cops at the door! And that was less than 2 minutes after my child had been playing with the phone. At least now I know that in my neighborhood they come fast, it's reassuring!

cookielady

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 4:15 pm
Many years ago, when my kids were young (and very lively!), it was the morning after Pesach. The doorbell rang. When I asked "who is it?"

The answer shocked me. "Child Protective Service!"

In a panic I turned to my dh trying to figure out what was going on. I didn't want to open the door, the house was a zoo.

Dh asked through the door "How can we help you?"

Answer "We are collecting for needy kids for a chicken and grits dinner. Want to contribute?"

Dh couldn't have been happier handing over some money to them.

Dini

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 5:45 pm
cookielady wrote:
Many years ago, when my kids were young (and very lively!), it was the morning after Pesach. The doorbell rang. When I asked "who is it?"

In a panic I turned to my dh trying to figure out what was going on. I didn't want to open the door, the house was a zoo.

Answer "We are collecting for needy kids for a chicken and grits dinner. Want to contribute?"

lol this is really funny!

geemum

Post Wed, Jul 01 2009, 6:15 pm
cookielady wrote:

whew, when I started reading that I was shocked. glad it ended out the way it did Smile

shanie5

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 2:36 pm
Post baby, my neighbor had a friday nite mikvah. Her husband met her to walk her home. They left the kids alone for a short time-ages 11/12 and under. the house alarm went off, and the cops showed up. The kids managed to convince the cops that their parents went for a short walk (probably what they thought too). The cops left, saying they would return later-to check on them. When they came back, they were all singing shabbos zemiros-nice and loud and family like-so the cops should see all was well.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 05 2009, 2:48 pm
cookielady wrote:

as long as he didn't hand over the kids ... now what were you guilty of besides the mess ... Twisted Evil
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette