Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Iso book recomendations

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Jun 25 2009, 10:36 am
I have 'its about time' and am looking for more books like it, jewish or otherwise, about organizing the home and laundry, scheduling, meal planning, stuff like that. I know there are websites but don't have interent right now, and am looking for any helpful books. thanks.

Clarissa

Post Thu, Jun 25 2009, 10:48 am
I liked Julie Morgenstern's Organizing from the Inside Out.

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Jun 25 2009, 5:30 pm
thanks. I will get it, it looks good. is it also kidai for the time management book or any of the others she has?

Clarissa

Post Thu, Jun 25 2009, 6:16 pm
Kidai? Don't know what you're asking. Sorry. If you're asking about her other books, I don't know about them. I saw her on tv, liked the way she thought, and bought this one.

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Jun 25 2009, 6:24 pm
ok, thanks, I'll go order it now. Smile

bashinda

Post Thu, Jun 25 2009, 10:54 pm
I checked out Organizing from the Inside Out from the Library and it was very helpful. It gives you the general tools. I also ended up checking out House Works by Cynthia Townley Ewer. It's not as broad in scope as Morgenstern's book but what I like about it is that it's visual and has more ideas.

Hatzlacha!

crbc

Post Fri, Jun 26 2009, 12:47 am
I like Peter Walsh's books.

RachelEve14

Post Fri, Jun 26 2009, 1:05 am
I also like Julie Morgenstein's books. Her time management one I thought was more helpful than her organizing one (I own both). I also have HouseWorks, and most of the stuff in her book is on her website "organizedhome.com" She does have a lot of "how to clean" type stuff, but not so much "how to organize your life / day / time.

bashinda

Post Fri, Jun 26 2009, 10:23 am
RachelEve14: You're right. I flipped through the book again and I'm finding I still could use some more concrete organization examples.

My overall suggestion is to check out the books from the library before buying.

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Jun 29 2009, 10:31 am
thanks for all the suggestions. I already bought org fromthe inside out. I will probably buy the others for cheap on ebay as I don't have access to a library.

SV

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 3:49 pm
P&Y - did you start reading any of the books yet? Are they helpful?

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Jul 06 2009, 8:33 pm
I'm in middle of 'organizing from the inside out'. it sounds good so far. I haven't actually done anything yet, cuz I'm still thinking of it. and I probly won't do everything she says, but it looks like she has a lot of good ideas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics