Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone using a nebulizer for their kids on this site

CHANY115

Post Wed, Mar 01 2006, 9:24 pm
please share your thoughts about using a nebulizer.
I have to take my nebulizer all over since my kids have seasonal wheezing.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 01 2006, 9:32 pm
I use a nebulizer for one of my children each every day several times a day due to respiratory issues.
I got this really cool portable battery operated nebulizer which works much quicker than the regular ones, and can be used anywhere. It's small enough to throw into a backpack.
There are several portables.
Ultrasonic and Omron are good ones to look in to.

downsyndrome

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 10:13 pm
I used a nebulizer for my daughter for a long time until her new pulmonogist told me to use the spacer instead. It's great! It's a small clear canister-like 'contraption' with a mask-like feature at one end and an opening for medication at the other end, and you 'puff' the inhaled medication through the spacer and the child breathes it in. It's great! The nebulizer was going on everybody's nerves. First of all, it was problematic on Shabbos. Secondly, there are just so many Barney videos that my daughter was interested in watching over and over again. She needed treatments several times a day with several different meds and it took forever. Boruch Hashem for medical technology, however, I don't know whether the spacer is a substitute for all kids who are nebulizer dependent. Consult your doctor.
Hatzlacha.

elisecohen

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 7:04 am
We have a "big" one and a hand-held. Boruch Hash-m right now no one needs it daily though at one point years ago one son needed 3 different meds given 4-5/day, and when ill another son has been known to need tx every 10 minutes around the clock (pretty much non-stop, but we kept him out of the hospital).

fromnj

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 1:39 pm
We also switched from the neb to the spacer and what a huge difference! Cuts down on the wrestling and now DH and I can get to work ontime! Also, DS never would wear the nebulizer mask, but the spacer is on for such a short time that he can't struggle so much. Sometimes he was aggravaving his asthma just from the fighting!

Ask your doctor about the spacer. It is a lifesaver.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics