Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Going to inlaws for purim...what to bring?

goldrose

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 10:07 pm
I'd like to bring something along with us when we go to my in laws for purim (overnites, they're a 4hr drive away). DH asked his mom what we can bring and her response was "I can handle it Very Happy !" So she didnt give us any hints of how we could help. BUT I dont want to go emptyhanded...
I want to bring something they (we) can use for the seuda - preferably food, not cake- but PURIM THEMED. (not hamentashen)
Still, I'm open to cake ideas as well.

Thanks in advance!

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 10:18 pm
When I eat out, just a few times a year, I always bring a new item that I've made that year that's really good.

If your in laws aren't counting on your for the seudah, or part of it, bring some of the drinks.

Or, bring someting that can be extra, like a salad or dip.

Maybe YOU should be the one asking what to bring; have some suggestions ready when you ask.

realeez

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 10:31 pm
Hamodia had a really cute recipe for bourekas that were shaped like hamentaschen. basically, you cut out circles from puff pastry dough, put filling in and pinch the corners like for regular hamentaschen & bake.

chen

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 10:54 pm
Wine and grape juice are always nice, and, since they are usually kosher lepesach all year round, can be saved for pesach if they don't want to use it at the seudah.

Crayon210

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 11:02 pm
mommyabc123 wrote:
Hamodia had a really cute recipe for bourekas that were shaped like hamentaschen. basically, you cut out circles from puff pastry dough, put filling in and pinch the corners like for regular hamentaschen & bake.

I was going to suggest those! They looked adorable!

stem

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 11:38 pm
Bring kreplach!

shoy18

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 11:41 pm
Is their anything that your hub knows of that his mom likes but rarely has? I know when we go a certain couples house for a meal we always bring chocalte covered pretzels because she love them.

goldrose

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 10:45 am
Quote:

hit the spot, I'm a boureka fan! I think I'll do this - thanks!!

And thanks everyone for your good ideas - kreplach are a good idea too. Wine, too. I appreciate it!!

Ahuva

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 10:48 am
I make a wonderful fruit salad and apple turnovers , both are really easy and look very nice.

I'll post fruit salad later it is great with a sauce of orange juice and apricot jam....

goldrose

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 11:04 am
ahuva, apple turnovers can also be made into hamentash apple turnovers, the same way as the potato knish idea!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics