Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Crying baby!!

Bebe

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 7:58 pm
My baby is 3 weeks old and cries constantly. All she wants to do is eat! What should I do? Keep feeding her until she falls asleep or let her cry a little?? Please answer! THANKS

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 7:59 pm
I don't know.

I had a baby like that. He's 18 now and still a handful............

Milk Munch

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 8:07 pm
DO NOT LET HER CRY

Your baby is trying to TELL you something.

It could be that he is not getting enough to eat when he nurses. You might want to speak with a lactation consultant who can help you figure out if that is the case.
Just because a baby is "nursing" doesn't mean they are getting milk. It could be she has a latch problem or something of the sort.

If that is not the case, then something else is wrong. Don't rest until you find out what, your baby needs your help. If your regular pediatrition can't figure it out then you need to find an alternative doctor who can. Someone who specializes in traditional chinese medicine, craniosacral therapy, or some form of wholistic medicine will be able to figure it out.

In any case, trust your gut and don't rest until YOU know that you have solved whatever is bothering your baby.

Tefila

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 8:12 pm
Quote:
He's 18 now and still a handful.........

Lol sarag LOL
Anyways at 3 weeks I wouldn't leave them to cry Exclamation at 3yrs I might Wink

happymom

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 9:39 am
something is bothering him! Like Milk munch said... you can go check it out. I have heard of some babies crying and crying because of birth trauma.... they went to a professional and their babies are better bh... babies communicate through crying... I hope u find out what it is soon, goodluck! (((((hugs)))))

queen

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 10:32 am
run the wells dry by drinking two VERY BIG glasses of water each hour.

I had the same experience until it was pointed out to me that I wasn't drinking enough= baby was hungry.

begin drinking now and see if tomorrow is a bit easier. let me know.
(if it works- please PM me as I dont have time to read many threads/and would want to know.)

baby should not be on you every hour. if necessary call your doctors office or speak to s/o experienced. you'll be much more relaxed once this is taken care of- I went through the same thing just a few months ago. (((((((((((hug)))))))))))

shopaholic

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 10:39 am
2 of my kids ate just fine, but cried (not colicky screaming) all the time & wanted to be held, all the time. I took the 1st, by advice from a coworker to a pediatric gastointermologist who diagnosed acid reflux (heartburn, not vomiting) & she went on Gaviscon. Baby #3 had the same symotoms & he was put on Zantac. Look out for the baby arching his/her head when being nursed.

If you are worried about how much he/she's getting, try pumping & feed a bottle of pumped milk.

Like Queen said - DRINK A LOT OF WATER!!!

queen

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 10:44 am
meant to say- acid reflux which is very painful for babies.
symptoms: crying THIRTY minutes after feeding and arching of back while crying.

my dc. prescribed zantac but I only used it once for I felt acid reflux wasn't the prob. but rather MY drinking

nehama

Post Tue, Feb 21 2006, 10:58 am
My baby is like that too, but less so now than she was. The doctor said there's nothing wrong, she just is enjoying the closeness and comfort.
My best advice is give her to your husband with a bottle occasionally so you can get a sanity break!
Hatzlacha, and Mazal Tov!

zigi

Post Thu, Feb 23 2006, 1:30 pm
good luck thank g-d my dd is a few months older but she would make me crazy!, I agree with everyone else, check the quallity of milk and acid reflux and also gas, try to make her burp, bycle her legs and rub her tummy, babies don't always cry for food they might be uncomfortable, gas reflux or doesn't know how to go to sleep, or overtired, also try other ways of comforting her, swing, paci( my dd loves to suck it calms her down) swaddling, dark quiet room to sleep, white noise, puting her in an infant seat on top of the dryer, vacume cleaner ( my daughter would fall asleep with it on, also it would make her calm) if you could calm her down with out food she might eat a full amount, and not snack.

raizy

Post Sun, Feb 26 2006, 12:39 am
try giving her a bottle of formalla. if the baby is gulping it down. and is happy afterwards it just might be that the baby is very hungry!!! not enough bm.

ny_ima

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 10:50 pm
there are special herbal remedies for colicky babies which work like magic. from BOIRON I tried to copy a photo of the package for you but failed Crying anyways its special for babies but you don't need to give it as often as package says cuz one dose lasts a few days...good luck!

Cocyntal

Boiron Homeopathics Cocyntal, Colic Liquid - 30 Doses
All natural. No side effects
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics