Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Don't like the way my baby smells

amother

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 7:11 pm
I feel terrible about this b/c everyone else thinks she smells good. I like how she smells straight out of the bath but beyond that I don't like how her head smells. Has anyone esle had this issue?

amother

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 7:13 pm
yes! it's funny that you brought that up. I've definitely had that before. I didnt really do anything about it, just made sure to wash the baby well during bath time!

daisy

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 7:15 pm
I know what you are talking about, though I like the smell Smile

Is it possible she has cradle cap?

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 7:15 pm
Could be that's just her natural scent. Don't breathe in, lol; you don't hae to, you can still love her and take care of her even if you don't want to smell her.

ny_ima

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 7:19 pm
try IVORY moisturizing body wash for soft, baby smooth skin
it comes in different scents and they are all heavenly and last long.
if it doesn't work for your stinker Wink at least you'll enjoy it cuz it makes your skin so soft and again, smells so so yum
try aloe or fresh snow, my favs.
I also never refrained from spritzing on my own perfume, or dad's cologne on the baby before an outing, after it's on me, I just smear it on baby's head and it'll surely mask anything!
my 2 year old already begs for deodorant (with cap closed, im not lunatic)

realeez

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 7:23 pm
I had that with one of my kids so I used a scented johnson and johnson shampoo and it took care of it no problem!

I have heard of a burberry's baby perfume but I don't think I'd ever use it!

imaamy

Post Sat, Mar 04 2006, 9:00 pm
I know this isn't the "done" thing but we washed our kids every day. I find that sour head smell very repulsive too. When I hold someone else's baby I am bothered by it. Maybe some people don't notice.

momaleh

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 3:39 am
I had this for a bit until I realized I wasn't cleaning her well - there was stuff in her ears and behind her ears which I didn't get to because I never learned how to clean a baby Smile Afterwards I realized there was stuff in her armpits also. Oy, what a new mother! Now she smells delicously clean all the time. Good luck!

Chani

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 4:52 am
Also the "milk crud" as my DH puts it, that can get in the folds of their necks.

happymom

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 7:22 am
Quote:

I know this isn't the "done" thing but we washed our kids every day

I give my baby a bath every day before she goes to bed, and if she ever gets dirty I wash her up well in the sink. (face, hair, hands, feet, etc...)

mother48

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 8:00 am
do you or others kiss you baby's head? I go crazy when my kids smell from what is bad breath left over from ppl kissing them.

imaamy

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 11:22 am
I said it isn't the in vogue thing because lots of people say it dries out their skin. A friend whose kid has eczema can't wash him every day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics