Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Have to let my live-in go
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 1:43 pm
Two friends of hers work for friends of mine and this is what they charge. She works less than 5 full days. Monday through Friday (but she leaves Fri afternoon) I did start paying her 390 a week right before and after I had my baby a couple of months ago because she was doing so much more work with my older kids and staying up later but she didn't ask for it I just gave it to her. Its really her choice what she wants to work for. If she would've asked for more than 350 a week I wouldnt have hired her, I couldnt afford it.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 4:35 pm
350 + room and board? I have to admit that I'm not up on these things but doesn't sound too bad.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 6:21 pm
room & board is only good if you don't have a place to live ... if she is leaving every weekend she has to maintain a place of residence ...

as I see it she is clocked in 24/7 x 5 days a week - not in the comforts of her own home ...

amother

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 8:23 pm
She is not clocked in 24 hours a day and she has a her own room with furniture and her own bathroom. I think she was very comfortable. She maintains a room in a house with a bunch of other women. (not that much a month)

cassandra

Post Sun, Jul 12 2009, 8:49 pm
Live-ins definitely make less money than live-outs because of room and board. Even if they have a place to go home to, it's usually not their own apartment that they pay rent on, they usually share it with other family members or friends and they each pay part based on how long they are there, so it is a savings.

Also, live-ins don't work 24/7, they usually have a start time and a finish time and if you need them to babysit at night you need to ask them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics