Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Missing guest.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 12:49 am
Who is wrong? I invited someone for lunch. After she accepted, she later told me she was bring a guest. Fine, no problem. Well, they showed up with out the guest. They didn't know where their guest was, so the husband went to look for her. The wife said we should eat without her. The husband shows up 3 hours later; the guest had had chest pains and went to the hospital. The wife was upset and left. We had already eaten desert. I had no problems with any of this. The husband wanted to eat, so I gave him lechem mishna. My husband was upset, and went to go lay down. He said it was rude of the husband to expect us to feed him after we had already served a whole meal. I thought it was rude of my husband not to be understanding of the whole situation. The guy left our house and missed lunch. He was hungry and anyways I had set aside food in a foil pan for the wife to take home to him.

So now I am annoyed with my husband, and he is annoyed at the husband for expecting me to feed him. Your thoughts? (I had to go anon because the wife belongs here.)

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 12:59 am
Don't be annoyed with your husband. He was probably just feeling upset that you got stuck serving lunch twice and having to entertain when everyone should have already left and you normally would have some quiet/family time.

Nobody is "wrong". It's just a strange situation is all. Hope their guest is okay now.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 2:09 am
It was a one time situation so it's not a usual episode. Do discuss a solution with dh incase something comes up next time how you should handle it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette