Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
My cleaning lady chews non kosher gum in my house

amother

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 7:52 am
Is that a problem if she doesn't use any dishes of mine, just plastic? Should I say something?

jerusalem-girl

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 7:56 am
As long as she's not sharing with the kids.
And, although you would never chew non-kosher gum, I don't think it could be a major problem. There probably is not any real tarfus in it, nor any grape flavor, so I wouldn't worry too much. JMO.

mommalah

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 8:01 am
jerusalem-girl wrote:
And, although you would never chew non-kosher gum, I don't think it could be a major problem. There probably is not any real tarfus in it, nor any grape flavor, so I wouldn't worry too much. JMO.

And if there was tarfus in it? That still wouldn't be an issue.....

jerusalem-girl

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 9:00 am
mommalah wrote:
jerusalem-girl wrote:

And if there was tarfus in it? That still wouldn't be an issue.....

I would imagine that not, but 'amother' seems worried, so I'm reassuring her. She's afraid of having non-kosher stuff in her house, if I understood correctly.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 10:39 am
OMG shock I think you should fire her Shooting Arrow

Barbara

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 10:50 am
amother wrote:
Is that a problem if she doesn't use any dishes of mine, just plastic? Should I say something?

If it really bothers you, why not politely tell her that you'd prefer that she not chew non-kosher gum at your house, but that you'd be glad to provide her with some kosher gum for when she's in your home. Ask what type she prefers. How much gum could she possibly chew? It might run you a dollar or two more a month, but if it makes you feel better, its worth it.

MommyLuv

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 11:25 am
It's gum. Not food. It (hopefully) stays in her mouth. What problem do you envision happening from non-kosher gum?

happyone

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 11:27 am
She also uses non kosher hand lotion . Oy!

Raisin

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 11:49 am
I really can't see it being an problem. If it goes near your food you have hygeine issues as well as kashrus issues.

Pizza

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 1:23 pm
I dont get the problem

amother

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 2:23 pm
I think a lot of you ladies are frummer than me so if you dont see the problem then I wont.
It did make me uncomfortable bc I dont bring unkosher food in my house and why is gum diff then if she brought a big mac in but ate on plastic? I walk in to my laundry room and I see stride gum sitting there and it made me say hmmm....if a Rabbi came by would he eat in my house right now?

Raisin

Post Mon, Jul 20 2009, 2:25 pm
amother wrote:
I think a lot of you ladies are frummer than me so if you dont see the problem then I wont.
It did make me uncomfortable bc I dont bring unkosher food in my house and why is gum diff then if she brought a big mac in but ate on plastic? I walk in to my laundry room and I see stride gum sitting there and it made me say hmmm....if a Rabbi came by would he eat in my house right now?

she shouldn't leave it around, becasue you do not want your kids getting hold of it. so explain that to her. If the gum goes from her pocket or bag to her mouth to the rubbish bin I don't think it is a problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics