Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Vacationing in Netanya -- need recommendations

mominisrael2

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 3:42 am
DH and I would like to leave the kids with Bubby and take a "babymoon" for a few days in the summer -- we were thinking about Netanya...looking for recommendations on hotels, restaurants, things to do -- and info on getting around by bus. Thanks!!

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 3:46 am
Netanya is pretty small (the downtown area). You shouldn't need to be on the bus much. You can walk from the beach to town. The beach by the blue bay is nice & quiet. There is a nice tiyelet to walk (if you like walking at 6am before it's swealtering out).

muffinsmommy

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 3:48 am
Hey - the one restaurant that I know was kosher last time I checked (check the hashgacha for yourself) is a gorgeous restaurant called the tulip - on a cliff overlooking the sea. It's really nice.
Don't know about hotels or buses, but what kind of activities are you looking for? I think I have a phone number for horseback riding on the beach. You can also go kayaking in the water which is really fun and lots of other water sports. There's a mall in Netanya, with a big Ikea. I've never been there but if you like walking around and looking at stuff, that could be fun. There's a beautiful boardwalk near the beach...

mominisrael2

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 3:49 am
So it's teeny tiny, like Eilat? Any recommendations on stuff to do (besides IKEA, of course!! And the Hello Kitty store if I can find it...) I loved Mitzpe Yam's website, but no pool was a deal-breaker for DH...

mominisrael2

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 3:53 am
muffinsmommy wrote:
Hey - the one restaurant that I know was kosher last time I checked (check the hashgacha for yourself) is a gorgeous restaurant called the tulip - on a cliff overlooking the sea. It's really nice.
Don't know about hotels or buses, but what kind of activities are you looking for? I think I have a phone number for horseback riding on the beach. You can also go kayaking in the water which is really fun and lots of other water sports. There's a mall in Netanya, with a big Ikea. I've never been there but if you like walking around and looking at stuff, that could be fun. There's a beautiful boardwalk near the beach...

I'm pregnant so I think horseback riding and water sports are out Smile Hanging around the beach and window shopping are good enough for this time...I haven't been to Netanya since I was 12, so I don't remember at all what's there.

muffinsmommy

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 4:12 am
well just a little warning - as with any beach city, it's very hard to find spots without pritzus - especially if you don't plan on doing many activities and just want to "hang around".

lili

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 4:14 am
I know someone who went away to casarea (about 20mins from natanya)she stayed in a 'zimmer' with a private pool.
in natanya you could stay in the 'four seasons'. restaurants only milchig with a good hechsher. there's tulip and I think another one aswell.
there's a stunning tayelet to walk next to the beach, especially when the sun sets...
enjoy

malki22

Post Wed, Jun 10 2009, 7:13 am
firstly you can stay in a hotel near tzanz and there is a separate beach there. The zanz hotel has no pool the rooms I would give 2 stars IF that!!! very basic but good if you want to go for shabbos. there is a pizza hut mehadrin as well as tulip which is really nice. I heard recently they opened a good hechsher Chinese but have yet to find it. I would recommend the seasons hotel which is a 10 min walk from tzanz and very near the young isreal shul but its prob pricey, I think its considered the nicest hotel in natanya. it overlooks the beach has a pool etc You could also try renting in natanya, a lot of apartment blocks have their own pools. I love it there!!!

mominisrael2

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 9:12 am
Are there any options other than hotels? I started nosing around online (no availability turned up for our first babymoon, but got another one coming up at the end of August) and the sites keep telling me that since we have two kids we need to book two rooms?? How do people deal with this? They're certainly not old enough to stay in their own room...

malki22

Post Wed, Jul 29 2009, 11:37 am
maybe post on janglo is anyone has an apartment in natanya that they wanna rent out. Or you could get a suit in a hotel, or a bigger room. in this case I would call the hotel instead of booking online

mominisrael2

Post Wed, Jul 29 2009, 12:58 pm
Good idea, thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions