Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Is it unreasonable to ask

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 5:17 pm
so a friend called last week and said she'd be passing through town and wants to say hi ... today she calls at the last minute and wanted me to watch her kids ... I don't mind - really ... but since she knew of the appt beforehand why didn't she simply ask beforehand ...

now she decided I don't want to watch her kids - I even offered them dinner ... so now I'm wondering if it was unreasonable to ask her ...

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 7:27 pm
It's not so much unreasonable as it is maybe embarrassing to her.... since the reasons she would ask you so last minute would likely be that either she had other arrangements that fell through (and she would possibly feel embarrassed to make you feel like your her back up plan) or she totally forgot about making arrangements for her kid (in which case she may worry that she comes off as a scatter brain).

lamplighter

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 7:34 pm
I think it depends on how often she does this. Is this a once off? If yes I would assume that something came up or whatever. If this what she's always like or always does then I would say its unreasonable.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 8:47 pm
it doesn't much matter ... she stood me up after waiting for 3 hours ... I guess she realized she was an idiot - especially cause I would have loved to watch her kiddies ...

so much for friends ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette