Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Worth watching

Clarissa

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 6:12 pm

This was on a friend's Facebook wall:

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 6:46 pm
Beautiful!! I can certainly relate. Very Happy

Skippy!!

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 7:26 pm
That was really nice!
Thank you!

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 1:13 pm
Thank you clarrissa. Last week I was on the train and there was an announcement that the train will not be going along the usual line because of a station fire, and will instead be rerouted to another line. There was lots of scrambling but most of the people figured they will stay and figured it out. Amidst the noise, I heard some frustrating curses out loud. I saw this handsome young man with ds, head of blond hair, cursing through his teeth. I immediately caught his attention by raising a finger, and he smiled to me, a big big grin! I went over to him, asked where he has to go, told him that today is his lucky day because this line ALSO goes to that stop, and he said thank you so sweetly, I felt like I really scored big. It felt so good. but then I felt horrid, how cold all the others just ignore him? how would they feel if they sent their son each day along the same train ride, where they have taught him for months and weeks, prompting him how to do it independently… and then, a change of plan, he gets confused and lost, and upset… and NOBODY blinks? What a horrible world.

downsyndrome

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 3:33 pm
Hey, Shakleemom! You wanna become my son's travel trainer or travel shadow? You are really terrific!!

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 10:18 pm
downsyndrome wrote:
Hey, Shakleemom! You wanna become my son's travel trainer or travel shadow? You are really terrific!!

no thanks... I have enough going on right now Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links