Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Dentist Recommendation

TSR

Post Tue, Jan 06 2009, 3:53 pm
Can anyone recommend a good dentist in the Jerusalem area. I have meuchedet and it's for myself. Thanks!

TSR

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 7:37 am
anyone??

smiley:)

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 7:48 am
I could, but not on meuchedet (or any kuppah)

TSR

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 9:08 am
anyone else?
Question

RachelEve14

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 9:19 am
Sorry I love my dentist but he's in Ma'ale Adumim and I don't know if he takes meuchedit.

muffinsmommy

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 2:27 pm
Listen, as far as I know - being on Meuchedet, or any other kupah for that matter, does nothing for you when it comes to dentistry. I think they maybe cover a cleaning (without x-rays) at one of their clinics (warning bells! I wouldn't go near their dental clinics with a 50 foot pole) and maybe discounted prices on cavities, again at their clinics. But if you want normal dental care, it's going to have to come out of your pocket. We just footed a 10,000 shekel bill by a private dentist for my husband's two root canals and some cavities. Dr. Schuman, who works in Rechavia is an excellent dentist, but a bit on the expensive side, as all the good dentists are. Dr. Banks, who works in town is supposed to be the best when it comes to root canals. Dr. Prenzlau is also an excellent dentist. There are lots of names...

shalhevet

Post Sun, Mar 01 2009, 3:34 pm
I was with the Meuchedet and then Klalit for years for dentistry. About a year and a half ago I wanted a second opinion for my dd about something so I asked around for a good children's dentist. Not only did he save her tooth (which the dentist at the kuppa said couldn't be saved), BH, and he is great, but --- surprise --- his prices are hardly any higher than Klalit (and we have Mushlam). The only thing much more expensive is he charges NIS 150 for an examination and for Klalit it is free (well, you have to pay for x-rays).

Moral: the whole kuppa thing with super cheap prices is a farce. You can find a better dentist at a similar price privately.

mominisrael2

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 12:14 am
That was definitely one of the big shockers of aliyah -- you pay hardly anything for medical care (besides the insane taxes, that is!!), but you better have great teeth if you want to live here, or rich...DD has lots of dental issues, and thankfully we got most of them taken care of before aliyah, but I don't even want to ask how much braces cost!! We have Maccabi Zahav, and even then they only refund 20 percent...

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 12:48 am
mominisrael2 wrote:
That was definitely one of the big shockers of aliyah -- you pay hardly anything for medical care (besides the insane taxes, that is!!), but you better have great teeth if you want to live here, or rich...DD has lots of dental issues, and thankfully we got most of them taken care of before aliyah, but I don't even want to ask how much braces cost!! We have Maccabi Zahav, and even then they only refund 20 percent...

I bet dd1 likes you avatar Smile

Macabbi is free until age 6 (so dd2 is FREE). If you want to see Dr. Stone here, you pay and then Macabbi puts the money back in your account. I take my kids there he's excellent.

Also as adults you get something back from him, but not as much.

willow

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 5:25 am
There is a place called chasdei shmuel in geula that is a dentist gemach. You have to pay but its so much cheaper then regular dentist. They also have a reputation for being really good.

mominisrael2

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 5:57 am
RachelEve14 wrote:

Macabbi is free until age 6 (so dd2 is FREE). If you want to see Dr. Stone here, you pay and then Macabbi puts the money back in your account. I take my kids there he's excellent.

What can I say, the Hello Kitty addiction runs in the family. Smile

Unfortunately, DD1 is the one with all the problems!! Sad The kids go to Dani -- still trying to decide if I like 'em...I had a wisdom tooth pulled a while back and was way more horrible than when I had it done in the States...

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 5:59 am
mominisrael2 wrote:
RachelEve14 wrote:

What can I say, the Hello Kitty addiction runs in the family. Smile

Unfortunately, DD1 is the one with all the problems!! Sad The kids go to Dani -- still trying to decide if I like 'em...I had a wisdom tooth pulled a while back and was way more horrible than when I had it done in the States...

Really? Nachum pulled 3 of mine. I won't say it was pleasant, but he really helped calm me down. I am totally paranoid of needles and tooth work. One appointment I spent like the first 20 minutes crying and not letting him go near my mouth and he was very patient throughout the whole thing.

mominisrael2

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 8:50 am
RachelEve14 wrote:
Really? Nachum pulled 3 of mine. I won't say it was pleasant, but he really helped calm me down. I am totally paranoid of needles and tooth work. One appointment I spent like the first 20 minutes crying and not letting him go near my mouth and he was very patient throughout the whole thing.

Didn't help any that between my checkup and my extraction appointment he emailed my x-rays to all his dentist friends as the "winner of the weirdest tooth of the week"!! No joke. I'm hoping that was the reason it was harder than last time, and not because he was incompetent...

TSR

Post Mon, Jul 27 2009, 3:06 pm
Does anyone else know about this Chasdei Yitzchak clinic? I really cannot afford to pay 400+ shekel per cavity. It feels like I have four cavities and I just can't afford to fill them at full price. Any more leads or advice? Thanks!!!

willow

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 1:39 pm
Call them see how much it would cost. I think its your cheapest option.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 5:38 am
I know they are expensive but amazing...

kjj and arye david in emek refaim

lilacdreams

Post Mon, Aug 03 2009, 5:48 am
TSR wrote:
Does anyone else know about this Chasdei Yitzchak clinic? I really cannot afford to pay 400+ shekel per cavity. It feels like I have four cavities and I just can't afford to fill them at full price. Any more leads or advice? Thanks!!!

Yes we go there too.

We see the other paediatric dentist whom we love (layed back, tells stories and sings songs to the kids as she is working) Dr Lubish - she is really amazing. I heard good things about Kempner and we started off with her but we found Lubish to be more layed back and calmer (for us).

I also was seeing a doc there but at the moment we are thinking of switching as I am not so thrilled. One adult doc is Glassman (brother of Dr Glassman in Rehavia) and another doc is another S. African - steven something...cant remember.

Also if you pay by credit card you get 5% off - cash is 10% off which can work out to be a decent sum! We have been there for years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions