Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where to buy rice name necklace?

aussiegal

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 3:18 pm
hi, just wondering if anybody knows where I could find the store that makes those name necklaces, where they write your name really tiny letters on a grain of rice, and make it into a necklace? I looked in geula, but couldn't find it.
thanks!

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 8:36 pm
Only in tzefat.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 11:00 pm
You can get them if you go behind the kikar tzion -walk back there (all the way down to the end) There's a pottery store on the corner. You'll see a bunch of tables set up selling jewelry and other junk, and one of the tables will be doing the names on rice thing - in English and Hebrew. I haven't been in a while, but the few times I've been, they've always been there. They have loads of different "bottle" options. Good luck.

Ezrachar

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 11:09 pm
if you are in machane yehuda after dark, there used to be a whole "street fair" set up in the back... not sure where exactly, but wanted enough.. it's near the "underground" (a bar) and they have vendors selling all kinds of things, including the necklaces.

SingALong

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 12:46 am
I remember getting one on Ben-Yehuda

ss321

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 6:22 am
I also think kikar tzion area is a good option. I think I remember if, when you get to kikar tzion, you make a sharp right (I think the street's name is yoel salamon), I think at the square at the bottom of that street, they sometimes sell those rice necklaces along with other trinkets and jewelry. but this is going back years ago.

cubbie

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 9:20 am
Kikar Hachatulim - the square outside El-Gaucho.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 9:21 am
Ezrachar wrote:
if you are in machane yehuda after dark, there used to be a whole "street fair" set up in the back... not sure where exactly, but wanted enough.. it's near the "underground" (a bar) and they have vendors selling all kinds of things, including the necklaces.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I remember those were THE gift to bring back from Israel like 15 years ago. When my friend went to Israel I begged her to bring one back for me. I wonder if I still have it. I'm going to check.

Ha! I found a rice necklace, but not the one I remember owning. I wonder where this one came from? I don't remember who gave it to me or when I got it!

Last edited by DefyGravity on Thu, Aug 06 2009, 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruchel

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 9:28 am
It was everywhere in France when I was a child. Now it's not trendy anymore at all...

aussiegal

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 10:36 am
thanks for the replies. I'll go next week and check it out.
ruchel- it's coming back into trend in america now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions