Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
The neighbours complain about the noise...

beilariva

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 3:33 pm
I have two kids at home and in this heat we don't go out as much as usual. Today the neighbour from downstairs came up and said that the noise they are creating on the floor is driving them nuts.

I could tell a few tales about the kind of things these specific neighbours have pulled us through so it is not like they are exemplary neighbours. Still, what should I do?

I am trying my best to keep them from turning heavy toys over the floor and the likes but they are boys and like to play a lot.

Any good advice?

SomebodyElse

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 4:08 pm
Do you have carpet?

beilariva

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 11:55 pm
It is a stone floor and sometimes in the winter we put a carpet for the kids. Perhaps it is the very tone tiles that makes the noise so unbearable...
We are looking to move anyways perhaps I should focus on a groud floor apartment.

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 8:18 am
How are the apartments lined up? Can you encourage most of the rough play in a room your downstairs neighbors don't use during the day.

I'm running a kaytana this week in my apartment. I pulled up the carpet because it gets in teh way of the table, and apoligized to my downstairs neighbors. I think noise from upstairs is just part of apartment living. It's not reasonable for her to expect you to sit the kids on a couch all day so she doesn't hear any noise.

beilariva

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 11:09 am
The noise is over their living room. So I guess I am disturbing them when they watch TV. I also think that they need to understand that this is part of living below a family with kids. I would understand it. At least they can look forward to when we move :0)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette