Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What does your cleaning lady/babysitter wear to work? A vent
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 12:20 pm
well mine aske dif I was pregnant bec she saw a maternity skirt on my bed ( in an open, but still in the gap mailing package). I was horrified

chavamom

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 12:20 pm
That's a pretty normal thing to ask if you aren't frum - esp. if you see a maternity skirt on the bed!

cassandra

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 12:38 pm
Household help is supposed to be.... help. I found that when I had help and only one child it was just too much and I needed to have someone for much fewer hours per week. If you aren't working and you only have one baby then it just might be too much for you. People tend to get on each other's nerves when they are too close for too long and they aren't your husband. (And for some, even their husbands)

Last edited by cassandra on Wed, Aug 05 2009, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

sequoia

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 12:39 pm
Why is it a problem to ask if you're pregnant?

All these things I never knew were problems until I came to this site...

amother

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 1:51 pm
Op
So remember how I said I asked her to clean out the fridge today?
I went out for a while and came home before she left and she told me
"I cleaned out the fridge. I threw out what was bad and the potatoes, onions and fruit were still good so I packed them to take them home. Just wanted to tell you."

I was like ok. But to myself I thought....I asked her to throw out what was bad. I didn't say I didnt want what was good. I only got some new fruit this week but she took watermelon, which was from last week and I didn't get. How did she know I didn't want it?! But I couldn't say no once she asked so off she walked with my good produce.

You are all quick to defend her....please do defend that.

FYi I am a very big softie in real life. I am soft spoken and non confrontational. I grew up with a housekeeper and she told me I need to find someone who wont walk all over me when I was looking to hire someone.

anuta

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 1:55 pm
OP,

please learn to stand up for yourself. You should've told your housekeeper that you didn't let her take your good produce, and can she please unpack it and put it back where she got it from. Seriously. This lady is not naive, she is using you. If she truly misunderstood, she should've asked your permission to take it, or at least ask you what you want to do with it!

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 1:56 pm
If you don't like her, fire her. No one's forcing you to keep her on.

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Aug 05 2009, 2:00 pm
To the OP,
Sometimes personalities just don't jive.

I currently can't stand a few manipulative things that my cleaning person did and now I find myself noticing every flaw. Everything the guy says makes me crazy. Basically, in a nut shell, he is pushy with me and gives me mussar speeches about how to keep my house.

The solution for me is finding someone else, which I am in the process of doing.

mominisrael2

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 10:34 am
Before summer vacation my cleaning lady would come to my house in nice dresses she wore to drop the kids off at school, then change into shorts and a tank top...but who cares?? It's not a fashion show, if that's what she feels comfortable cleaning in, then so what? I'm just happy that in Israel I finally have someone who keeps kosher and I know she isn't going to treif up my kitchen like my cleaning ladies in America always did...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics