Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Deli roll using egg roll wrappers
1  2  Next

cookielady

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 10:31 am
1 pkg of egg roll wrappers (dont use the thick kind that comes in white paper with chinese lettering, these are much to thick)

mix 1/4cup mayo. 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup duck sauce, 2 T. mustard and a dash of black pepper.

Lay wrappers on flat surface, brush with sauce mixture. Layer deli meat of choice on top of it. roll up. Place on greased baking pan. brush with more of sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Dont place to touching each other.

Bake at 350 until golden about 25 mins. You want it to have just a little crispness but not so crunchy you cut your mouth on the wrappers.

I slice them on a diagnol into 3 pieces. I have used this as an appetizer/pass around and cut them into smaller slices with frilly toothpic in it. People love it.

PinkandYellow

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 10:40 am
sounds yum, cookielady. thank you for posting!

mimivan

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 12:44 pm
I guess you could do the same thing with kreplach dough?

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 5:44 pm
Thanks so much cookie. I made this tonight as an appetizer and dh couldn't help himself, he had THREE! He's worried he won't have an appetite for supper, so we pushed it off a little. Thanks again. This is definitely going into my repertoire of keeper recipes. Thanks again.

Ronit

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 5:49 pm
You bake the egg roll wrappers? I thought they are only meant for frying. Don't they become hard & dry?

Also, which other ones are there out there besides the ones in the white parchment paper?

cookielady

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 5:52 pm
hadassa wrote:
You bake the egg roll wrappers? I thought they are only meant for frying. Don't they become hard & dry?

Also, which other ones are there out there besides the ones in the white parchment paper?

Nasoya brand is the one I like best. By brushing the outside with the sauce it keeps it from getting dry and hard.
I have tried baking regular egg rolls and they just aren't as good as fried ones.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 5:52 pm
I baked it and I put the sauce on top just as she suggested. I also kept checking it after 20-25 minutes that it shouldn't get hard. Plus, the dough is pretty oily in and of itself so baking it is fine. I bought the nasoya egg roll wrappers in kollel.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 5:57 pm
these come as pre-cut squares... so do you lay them out as tiles so they become a big sheet of wrapper-dough?

cookielady

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 5:58 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
these come as pre-cut squares... so do you lay them out as tiles so they become a big sheet of wrapper-dough?

SM you are thinking of won tons wrappers. These are egg roll wrappers.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 5:59 pm
Oh. So they're a long sheet?

Ronit

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 6:09 pm
Now I'm confused- I was refering to wonton wrappers too. You sound like you are talking about flaky dough or filo dough? I use the wonton wrappers for egg rolls.

Ronit

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 6:11 pm
btw shakleemom- You're daughter seems to have come a long way from sucking her toes (shsh I won't tell the shadchanim she used to do that.)

egam

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 6:19 pm
hadassa wrote:
Now I'm confused- I was refering to wonton wrappers too. You sound like you are talking about flaky dough or filo dough? I use the wonton wrappers for egg rolls.

Nasoya makes wonton wrappers and eggroll wrappers. Eggroll wrappers are approximately the size of 4 wonton ones. Sometimes I just cut them in 4 and use for kreplach.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Aug 06 2009, 6:19 pm
hadassa wrote:
btw shakleemom- You're daughter seems to have come a long way from sucking her toes (shsh I won't tell the shadchanim she used to do that.)

Yeah, she's now doing customer service for Dell full time. It's sweet to have an additional income!

Fabulous

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 7:14 am
ShakleeMom wrote:
Oh. So they're a long sheet?

no just big sqaures, probably 5-6 inches by 5-6 inches.

EBC

Post Wed, Dec 02 2009, 7:44 pm
has anyone ever made this and reheated it for shabbos? if so, what is the best way to do it?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 03 2009, 8:13 am
they are very versatile, aren't they !

I actually just found a recipe to mke raviolis out of them, I'll post it next week or the week after, when I try it.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Jan 26 2010, 4:01 pm
I made this again tonight. Dh LOVES them!! It took exactly three minutes to make and he enjoyed it so much, just as much as when I patchke and take hours to make something. Thanks again! LOL

cookielady

Post Thu, Apr 19 2012, 6:58 am
I haven't made thesE in ages, but I think it's time to make them again.

Henna12

Post Mon, Apr 23 2012, 3:21 pm
I want to try this recipe= can someone tell me how you roll it up? like an eggroll?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey