Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Girls Uniform Store in Bnei Brak???????

amother

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 6:06 am
Can anyone help?

My daugther needs a school uniform. Blue or black skirt and a light blue shirt. I have heard there is a uniform store in Bnei Brak. Does anyone have a uniform store in Bnei Braks contact info? Anything would help.

Like a name, address, or phone, or all of the above. My husband is in Bnei Brak right now and it would be great to take care of it while he's there. If I have something to go off of maybe he can find it.

If you know, please respond!!!!

-Just posted this on Tachlis but this is probably a better place to try!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 6:29 am
Rabbi Akiva Street???

shalhevet

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 7:08 am
If it can be any skirt/ shirt of the right colour (lucky you Smile), then you can probably find them for cheap on one of the Bazaar stores on Rabbi Akiva, or in Ezra v'Achva.

If the school has specific requirements (like we do Sad) you need to find out from the school which stores stock their uniform.

BTW, what's Tachlis?

BTW2, if you're not in Life in Israel feel free to apply.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 8:22 am
Actually, you got a very good response on Tachlis from Israel Pinkus. He knows his way around. You really have to find out what the uniform is before purchasing. I am sure that the school your daughters will go to can advise.
Shalhevet, Tachlis is a list for Olim Vatikim, Current, and Future. Independant of any government or other organisation. It's on Shamash.org.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 9:20 am
But, it's a Chabad school not a BY. My DH and DD were shown the uniform from friends. But, they didn't get a specfic store name. Just that you'll find it in Bnei Brak. My DH is way overwhelmed with a lot on his plate and didn't think about getting specifics, like a name of a store. They tried....they aren't there anymore. I'm the one who "encouraged" him to look for it, seeing he was there anyways! Oh well...plan B.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 9:22 am
Your right and he's right, we'll have to get specifics from the school.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 9:23 am
It's too late now, but what I would have done: stopped someone "Chabad-looking" and asked where to buy girls' uniforms for Chabad school. At the store, I would have told the salesperson which Chabad school the girls will be attending, and see if they knew which uniform was appropriate. A smart salesperson who did not know, would (IMO) call the school then and there and make the sale.
Water under the bridge.
In the future, don't be afraid to ask pedestrians/shopkeepers for help. People turn out to be very nice and helpful most of the time..

amother

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 9:34 am
Tamiri wrote:
It's too late now, but what I would have done: stopped someone "Chabad-looking" and asked where to buy girls' uniforms for Chabad school. At the store, I would have told the salesperson which Chabad school the girls will be attending, and see if they knew which uniform was appropriate. A smart salesperson who did not know, would (IMO) call the school then and there and make the sale.
Water under the bridge.
In the future, don't be afraid to ask pedestrians/shopkeepers for help. People turn out to be very nice and helpful most of the time..

Will do! I only heard second hand from DD. Haven't had a chance to speak to DH yet. Although he is the type of person to do that. I don't really know what happened. Although, I am going to have to break out of my shell quickly!!!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 10:01 am
I haven't spoken to him yet but, I'm happy to report DH found the skirt!!! He's in Lod visiting family and must have done some investigating when he stopped to daven! I know Lod has a big Chabad kehilla. Yay!! We can always get the shirt on the first day if need be.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 10:48 am
Actualy DH said he asked sooo many people. He was going to this store and that. He did say there were no lubavitchers around.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions