Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Who takes care of the family car?

Who takes care of the family car?
we share the responsiblity  
 10%  [ 2 ]
I take it to the mechanic.  
 15%  [ 3 ]
My husband takes care of the car.  
 60%  [ 12 ]
We both take car of our own car.  
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 20

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 4:47 pm
My husband and I share the responsibility of taking care of the car. Most of the time its more me because I am home alot more and use it more than him.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 5:07 pm
I hardly drive it and even if I did, my dh is great about taking care of it, so I just "let" Wink him.

chanahlady

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 6:09 pm
I do -- it's standard transmission and I'm the only one who knows how to drive it.

Tova

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 6:15 pm
[I am notoriously guilty for letting the gas gauge creep to empty embarrassed ...it is so hard for me to remember to check and be on top of. It makes my husband nervous, so he will switch cars and take the one I usually drive when he goes out at night to night seder. That way he is driving it daily so is on top of it and can fill it in the evening. Oh, and he is also very on top of getting oil changes, tire rotations, etc. It is this that I credit the b"H bli ayin hara good running of both of our cars, each with 90,000+ miles on them and rarely in the shop.]

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 7:03 pm
Tova its funny because my husband is the one who leaves the car at empty. Recently we were driving as a family and I noticed on the dash that the brake light and batter light were on. I ask my husband if he notices he says" yeah but I why worry". I told him "I don't think we need to worry but rather take it to the mechanic." We get to the mechanic and find out that the alternator needed to be replaced and the car was running on the battery. Thank G-d we stopped when we did or we might have been stuck on the highway in the heat with 4 kids.

dora

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 7:57 pm
Years ago I made it clear to dh that he takes care of my car. Since I drive it I fill it up but thats about it. It happened that today he took it in to get a new bulb for the signal light, I know its no big deal to do, I just don't want to. So I have things I take care of and he has his stuff.

wwmom

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 8:16 pm
My DH takes care of all the technical aspects like the oil changes, registration, insurance, repairs etc. but I have to take care of cleaning it! and until recently I didn't even know how to fill up the gas, but now that I started using the car more, I finally learnt. (after all these years)!

gold21

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 9:25 pm
definitely my husband. he kills the bugs, he changes the light bulbs, he takes care of the finances, he takes care of the car. its a guy thing imho.

Marion

Post Mon, Aug 17 2009, 10:16 pm
You don't have an option that fits me...

It's "my" car. My DH doesn't drive. However, I don't "take it to the mechanic" as it's a company car. The company has a guy who's responsible for scheduling tune-ups and repairs. The agreement with the leasing company is that they pick up the car and return it after servicing.

So I take care of the car (in the sense that I report mileage & fill the tank), but I don't actually have to do more than that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics