Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach workshop TONITE

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 2:14 pm
Pesach workshop TONITE

It's going to be at Beis Levi Yitzchok Crown Street corner Albany Avenue, 7:45 PM, with Mrs. Baiteman.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 2:41 pm
thanks, SaraG, I've attended that once, and it really helps get you in the mood to tackle it all.

lucky

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 2:46 pm
Just curious....
What does this pesach workshop teach you?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 2:47 pm
You've attended, even though you've made Pesach many times?

jewgal84

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 3:23 pm
lucky wrote:
Just curious....
What does this pesach workshop teach you?

Same question!

Is it halochos, recipes, cleaning tips...

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 3:32 pm
It's a systematic, organized approach to Pesach cleaning, and everything else, preparing the meals, what you need for YomTov, when is the best time for each stage of preparation. It covers everything, including changing over the kitchen (everything except the halachos, but touching upon minhagim).

They give out folders with lists for everything. Paper goods, clothing checklist for example. How to do a refrigerator. How to get your children involved in the cleaning. When to make your meat order, fruit order. lists for that. How to have your freezer ready to make advance orders. It doesn't forget anything, and now you won't either. Very Happy (down to little things like tights, socks and ponytail holders, haircuts for the children, shaitel appt. for you).

It's easy to forget about these things when you have an entire home to clean, and Sedarim, meals to prepare, so it's really a big help.

Tips galore. The N'shei Chabad cookbook has a special Pesach edition, and a companion booklet called Countdown to the Seder. I think the lists are now incorporated in this spiralbound, 60 plus page book, so maybe that's what they give out now? or sell? There is space for your own notes, from year to year, and I use it extensively.

It makes it so much less overwhelming, so after the workshop you are ready to go home and do it with a smile.

DL

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 6:19 pm
sarag would you please post the most pertinent info if you have the time? I live in pennsylvania and cannot attend. thnak you in advance.DL

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 6:39 pm
SaraG wrote:
You've attended, even though you've made Pesach many times?

Before my first was born, I attended a birthing/exercise course. A friend having her eighth child was also taking it, and I asked her the same question. Smile

It always helps to get new ideas. But I didn't always make Pesach fully. We went to our parents for years for the Sedarim, and Yomtov meals. (we always made the house Pesachdik and cooked for Chol HaMoed)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics