Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My three year old has headaches

amother

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 4:04 pm
My three year old has been getting headaches recently, is there anything I should be worried about, is this normal at that age?

amother

Post Fri, Mar 03 2006, 4:11 pm
Take him to the dr., it could be nothing, it could be something. Maybe he needs glasses, or maybe a food is bothering him, I wouldn't ignore it.

Motek

Post Sun, Mar 05 2006, 10:22 am
definitely check it out, no, it's not normal for anybody of any age to have headaches

raizy

Post Tue, Mar 14 2006, 10:57 pm
he might need glasses. or is alergic to something.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 9:43 pm
we went to a dr, he is getting migraines, and even threw up. my dr told me to give tylenol at the first hint of a headache to prevent them. I dont feel comfortable giving too much tylenol. what do I do?
I'm looking for triggers that cause it, but dont really find anything in common. it could be MSG that does it to him, from school, but he got a small headache on a day he didnt go to school, and I gave tylenol which is why it didnt get worse, probably.

amother

Post Sat, Mar 18 2006, 8:13 pm
Maybe stress, does he know how to communicate his feelings well?

BlumaG

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 12:54 am
my sis in law had this at age 6 a little older but it started getting better after she went ot a chiroprachter, it was stress /nervousness plus she needed a slight realignment after a car aaccident a couple yrs b4

shoy18

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 12:59 am
I used to complain of headaches as a kid all the time and after a while my mother realized it was caffeine, from soda and iced tea. As soon as I stopped caffeine they were gone. I eventually grew out of it

My MIL gets headaches from chocolate, severe ones. It took years and years to figure it out, even the slightest bit sets it off

downsyndrome

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 1:19 am
Does your son eat peanut butter? That is a very allergenic food and can certainly cause migraines in young children. I have heard of numerous instances. In my situation, my son developed ear infections, horrific ones, when peanut butter was introduced into his diet. Unfortunately, it took me a full year to make the connection. Once I did, we stopped the peanut butter and he never had an ear infection again! B'H.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics