Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Niagra Falls

morahg

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 12:38 pm
What are your top picks (no kids with us)?

cuteson

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 12:42 pm
regarding what? places to go, hotels to stay at?

morahg

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 1:13 pm
All of the above-thanks!

cuteson

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 1:39 pm
I was there three summers ago for four days we stayed at the Raddison hotel a bit costly about $250 p/n though very nice room with Jacuzzi and falls view room service every day valet parking really worth it. lots of places to go the traditional stuff like journey behind the falls, maid of the mist, skylon tower marineland was nice, botanical gardens is beautiful. can't remember all of it but if you want more specific info let me know and I'll check it out.

wanderer

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 1:57 pm
Sheraton Over the Falls. We got a beautiful room w/ whirlpool jacuzzi, and window right above the falls. less than $150 per night

Rivky

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 2:02 pm
We stayed at the Hilton overlooking the falls. It's a beautiful hotel. If you were never there, do the main attractions like the journey behind the falls, maid of the mist, cave of the winds, IMAX, Spanish Auro car, there's a jet boat over the rapids too that's supposed to be a lot of fun. Marine land (aquarium) which might interest you although I found it to be a little of a waste of time.

hila

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 2:21 pm
Embassy Suites on the Canadian side. Amazng and you get a 2 room suite with a view of the flls,, with microwave, fridge and jacuzzi.

and "free" breakfast - where we found orange juice, bagels and yoghurt with hechsherim

it was amazing

QUEENY

Post Wed, Sep 02 2009, 11:41 pm
I recently made the trip. If anybody decides to drive there, there is a great childrens museum in Rochester. I have been to alot of museums, this one is by far the best. Mostly for ages 6 (7) and under. We went once on the way and the kids were there for htree hours and we stayed two hours on the way back. They could of stayed longer but had to go. They have a carousel and a train ride inside the museum. A huge pretend supermarket, sesame street area, berenstein bears and a lot of other sool stuff. For older kids they have alot of arcade games.

catonmylap

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 12:11 am
If you are travelling on a budget and want to do on the cheap, there are motels on the Canadian side in $30-$40 range.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 12:54 am
Hotel: Sheraton on the Falls
Food: bring whatever you can (there is a Fleishig restaurant, do not recommend it - and a pizza store.)
Attractions: Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds (American side), Botanical Gardens... just sitting on a deck over the falls at the hotel... blissful!
FYI, if you have your car there, it might be worthwhile to drive to Buffalo (1/2 an hour) for some Kosher food!

chanchy123

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 2:55 am
Don't forget to go shopping at the mall in the town of Niagra Falls on the US side - a great outlet mall.
I've been to Niagra Falls twice, (once really for only a few minutes, and the site was closed down for renovations) I just couldn't figure out what you could possibly do there for more than one day.
Even the botanical gardens, are nice, but a bit boring.
I guess that's what you get for traveling on a budget (besides we were there in January, most of these attractions weren't even running).

NativeMom

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 7:53 am
QUEENY wrote:
I recently made the trip. If anybody decides to drive there, there is a great childrens museum in Rochester. I have been to alot of museums, this one is by far the best. Mostly for ages 6 (7) and under. We went once on the way and the kids were there for htree hours and we stayed two hours on the way back. They could of stayed longer but had to go. They have a carousel and a train ride inside the museum. A huge pretend supermarket, sesame street area, berenstein bears and a lot of other sool stuff. For older kids they have alot of arcade games.

It's the best I've ever been to! We have a membership and go often. BTW Rochester is a 90 min drive to Niagra. If you drive through the city, come by Wink Wink

NativeMom

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 7:56 am
When we made an overnight trip to the falls, we stayed at the Red Coach Inn on the river. It was a nice place, it was built in the early 1900s. The rooms were antiques.

BZBEE

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 12:10 pm
We stayed at the Hilton over the falls. Beautiful hotel, and so much to do! We went around with a tour-that the hotel offered.
There are many of hotels that you can choose from overlooking the falls.
Also, there are pleanty of things to do as well during the day & at night.
I really enjoyed that vacation. Absolutely beautiful!!!!!
Enjoy!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics