Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Buy meat/chicken for whole yom tov

shayna82

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 1:29 pm
I m not sure what to do, either make menu and buy meat/chicken/fish for the first days,then on choel hamoed deal with the last days, or do the whole menu now , down to every potatoe and onion and not have to think about it?

shoy18

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 1:32 pm
thier isnt any point in splitting it, thier is no fresh chicken/meat on chol hamoed its all from before yom tov!

chen

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 2:27 pm
depends on the size of your freezer, the type of food you make, and the availability of fresh foods in your community on chol hamoed. I'd love to prepare everything before YT but I like to serve a lot of fresh veggie dishes, plus all I have is the freezer compartment of my fridge. I try to cook ahead as much of the meat/poultry/fish and kugel/tzimmes type things as can fit in the freezer. Cakes can be baked as "needed" (as if anyone actually needs a cake, lol.)

what do you mean "do the whole menu now"? your kitchen is kosher lepesach already?

shayna82

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 2:38 pm
I do have a small freezer chen, thats why im wondering if I should buy everythign now? I meant, that im planning my menu now. I think im just gonna plan the whole thing and just use up everything frozen in my freezer till then so they ll be room

thanks!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 3:06 pm
You should definitely buy generously for the first days of yomtov, when your freezer is "ready" for Pesach.

If your butcher won't restock during the holiday, you might be better off getting everything at once..and for the 1st Shabbos after yomtov, too.

shayna82

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 3:38 pm
we live in a small town, I doubt they get in new stuff during moed, I think I just have to get it all. ill feel better thatn way, knowing I have everything I need.

thanks sarag!

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 3:43 pm
shayna I would also get it all at once. for piece of mind its worth it. Its not like it will be sitting in freezer for a long time..it will all get used up within the week.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 4:09 pm
I have friends who buy generously and they have enough until shavous! but it all depends on your eating style, and who is coming.

we buy our chicken fresh every week cuz that's how we like it best, but it's impossible around Pesach!

can you rent or buy a separate freezer? or can you borrow space from a friend? that helps a lot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics