Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Tips on becoming more organized/efficient

SV

Post Tue, Aug 25 2009, 11:12 am
We just moved to a new house and I would *really* like to be organized. I am looking for any tips you can offer that will save me money and/or time and will help me be more organized. Things I have so far:

- keep kids clothing in large plastic containers that are labeled with size and season
- double laundry hamper – that way when I drop in dirty laundry I right away sort it with either darks or whites – and then I can just drop it in a wash when one of the sides gets full
- try to make extra when making dinner and use it for lunch the next day

I can’t think of anything else right now, but lets share and make each other’s lives easier!! Tongue Out

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 8:17 am
I'm not the most organized but I would LOVE to see some replies here. Why aren't there any yet???

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 8:20 am
Figure out how much laundry you do ea. week, divide by 6 and do that many loads per day, regularly, even if you don't have full loads. It will keep you caught up on laundry and if you miss a day, the consequence won't be a total laundry mountain. If you only have 1-2 laundry days, and you miss one of those days, it can mess up the whole week in playing catch up (bc often there's somethig else scheduled the other days ie. groceries, etc.)

Sherri

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 8:28 am
I just read in the Binah a way to de-clutter for example in the kitchen.
(This is easier when you have just moved because your things are packed up anyway.)
Put all your kitchen supplies in a few boxes. As you need the supplies, take them out and use them, putting them in the cabinets. You will see within a couple of weeks that there is a lot of junk that you don't need- either at all or on a regular basis. Those things do not belong in your kitchen. If you don't use the items after a certain amount of time, get rid of it!

ora_43

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 9:07 am
This thread has good tips: http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....art=0

louche

Post Tue, Sep 08 2009, 9:23 am
Asking this kind of question is like asking for kol hatorah kulah al regel achas, lehavdil. There are countless books on this topic right in your public library; search on "household management" or "organizing" and reserve a few.

But...you asked, and we aim to please. The Golden Rule of household management is HLS: Have Less Stuff. The less you have, the less there is to manage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics