Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Pumping woes
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

queen

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 9:09 am
anonymous- I pump during that missed feeding (yesterday all I got was 1.5 oz) and store it in freezer. When I have enough for a bottle, baby will get that at sitter instead.

I just want you to know I was also reluctant to formula as pumping etc. was what I wanted to do and didn't want to have to deal with the whole formula scene (more just from ignorance and not knowing how to 'do' it or which to buy etc)

I can't even express to you how much better I'm feeling these days. ESPECIALLY now that baby JUST began taking a bottle again. I'm again a person and can enjoy being me and feel great! no pressure to pump and no pressure to drop and run as baby isn't screaming at sitter needing to eat anymore.

(Raizy- don't jump on me please!!!! My babysitter only watches a total of three kids, usually only 2 there at a time, and from the time the sitter called to let me know baby had to eat- I was there anywhere from 5-10 minutes MAX later)

suomynona

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 9:36 am
queen wrote:
I just want you to know I was also reluctant to formula as pumping etc. was what I wanted to do and didn't want to have to deal with the whole formula scene (more just from ignorance and not knowing how to 'do' it or which to buy etc)

I can totally relate!

Just curious, do you end up throwing out a lot of forumula? The container I have from the hospital says not use after 20 days after opening. And I think there were a lot more than 12 portions (which is what you or I would need in a 20 day period).

queen

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 10:10 am
sounds as if they are worried about contamination if open too long.
When you first open the container- divide formula into several zip lock bags, and seal shut. This way no germs will enter and you'll use the formula as needed.

Last week at a weight check up the doctor said- the baby for her health, needed formula- together with my nursing as she hadn't grown/gotten heavier in those two weeks since the prior visit.

I now nurse and then give anywhere from 2-4 oz. formula after most feedings. While at the sitter she gets one feeding of just formula (6 oz).

best news---- BHHHHHH, at yesterdays weight check, she had gained 3/4 of a pound in 6 days! YAYAYAYAYAYAY for princess!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 11:35 am
There comes a time when babies don't grow as much as they used to. My son used to gain a pound every two weeks, but last couple of visits, he has dropped off to 2 lbs./ 2 months. The dr. isn't worried; he's quite an active baby, and probably just expends a lot of energy.

BTW, when nursing, you should NOT hear your baby gulping. This probably means your milk is coming out too fast, and the baby has to hurry to swallow it all. This can cause stomach problems, and lots of spitting up....when I have issues like this, I pump for a couple minutes before nursing so my let down won't be as fast, and then I have a nice amount of milk to put away for the sitter Smile

realeez

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 5:05 pm
Hashem Yaazor, thank you for your concern of my children's behalf. Perhaps gulping was too strong of a word - audible swallowing combined with a strong latch is the correct terminology. B"H having spent 2 1/2 years and counting nursing my 3 children who while being nursed gained and is gaining weight beautifully and never had stomach issues, bli ayin hara, I am confident that my children and I have it down to a fine art. Hey, I can even type with 2 hands and nurse! Smile

queen

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 7:34 pm
mommyabc123 wrote:
I can even type with 2 hands and nurse! Smile

do you give lessons???????
it's my treat while nurs'g/pumping to be on here... but not fun typing w/ one hand

realeez

Post Thu, Mar 16 2006, 8:00 pm
LOL!
my mother always teases me how I am nursing, typing and talking on the phone at the same time and how women in the good old days would just sit quietly in their rocking chairs! I'm glad that I am of this generation.
I still should do a better job of attempting to use shift more often but I have no patience!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Mar 17 2006, 11:48 am
mommyabc123 wrote:
Hashem Yaazor, thank you for your concern of my children's behalf. Perhaps gulping was too strong of a word - audible swallowing combined with a strong latch is the correct terminology. B"H having spent 2 1/2 years and counting nursing my 3 children who while being nursed gained and is gaining weight beautifully and never had stomach issues, bli ayin hara, I am confident that my children and I have it down to a fine art. Hey, I can even type with 2 hands and nurse! Smile

Good to hear Smile
It's not fun having a child with an upset tummy Sad

raizy

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 10:36 pm
sorry queen . still your letting your baby cry for 5 to ten minetes. that a long time to let a baby cry . I dont let my newborn cry for any amount of time. bye the time they are older like 2 and 3 and doing lots of trouble I am why on earth did I not let u cry for longer.!^&^&%$
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics