Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
SAHM and bored
1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:46 pm
What do you do with your baby all day? It's so boring for me to be a SAHM. Other than go outside, ect. what do you do when you are IN THE HOUSE? There is just so long my baby is interested in his toys.

jewgal84

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:53 pm
Instead of having all the toys at once like a free play, how about you divide them up into diff sections, so your baby won't get bored too fast. 1st the blocks, then the cars etc.

You can read him a book, do an (easy) puzzle, mini- puppet show. Let him watch you bake or cook.

You don't "only" have to go outside. Go for a walk, go to the park or go to the supermarket ( a big one).

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 4:01 pm
Take him to shiurim, get involved with other SAHMs.

Get a lot done during the day so you're free to go out at night, if more things happen then.

happymom

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 8:51 pm
I am a stay at home here is what I do so that my baby and I don't get bored.

I made a schedule for myself which helps SO MUCH!!!!!!
EVERy single day, no matter what we go out.
I have found places that are fun for babies and go to them. for example, the library has a baby section with tiny chairs and tables.. stuffed animals and lots of baby books.. my baby loves that! also I found a baby gym which isn't even that expensive. it has balls, tiny slides, a whole kitchen corner and is baby proof and alot of fun!

I make an effort to initiate and get together with other stay at home moms whether they are my friends or not (people I know not necessarily friends) and get together with them. on rainy or snowey days I try and have another baby come over for mine to play and enjoy the mothers company... I also take her to her friends houses Very Happy

Its hard at times... but I have made it work for me and I love it. Please feel free to ask any more questions cuz I know staying home with baby is a hard job, but its also the best and very rewarding Wink

btw if u live in crown heights u can get together with me! Very Happy

amother

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 8:53 pm
diff amother...jewel babies cant stay indoors the whole day even if they have diff toys, also taking babies out in cold isnt always so easy to find where

shoy18

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 8:56 pm
happymom wrote:
also I found a baby gym which isn't even that expensive. it has balls, tiny slides, a whole kitchen corner and is baby proof and alot of fun!

Very Happy

where is this gym? I need to find things to do with my son Im starting to go out of my box.

jewgal84

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 8:56 pm
amother wrote:
diff amother...jewel babies cant stay indoors the whole day even if they have diff toys, also taking babies out in cold isnt always so easy to find where

I agree with you, just though I'd give some suggestions to those who like staying home.

And out doesn't neccessarily mean outdoors, it means out of the house. Like happymom suggested, go to a friend, join a mommy and me, a playgroup, a gym etc.

happymom

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 8:58 pm
shoy its in chelsea (sp?) piers. its SO MUCH FUN FOR BABIES! My baby had a blast... ive been there 3 times.. its a little far but very worth it. there is also a parking lot right there... I think u can see pics of the baby room if u look online.

shoy18

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 9:01 pm
that sounds awsome, do you go with anyone, or can you go alone? so you need an appt?

happymom

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 9:03 pm
I go with a friend. You dont need an appontment! if u go, there are always other moms there to chat with:) its great!!!

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 11:14 pm
I dont know, I'm never bored, and neither is my baby. I go out twice a week, I go online, and I'm so busy trying to get him to stop crying that I have no time to be bored! Smile

soonamommy

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 11:28 pm
HappyMom,

First, I love your screenname!

Second, what ages are the activities you listed good for? I think my baby's still too little for the library and a jungle gym, but I'd love to do recreational things with her!

ShiraMiri

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 11:29 pm
The weather was nice today, so I took my baby for a long walk to the grocery store. I only needed a few things and put the groceries in the stroller basket for the walk home. It was great! The baby was entertained and I got exercise!

tziviakayla

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 11:40 pm
I stay home and there is always so much to do! Never ending laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc....I'm never bored!
One of my little son's favorite activities (he's 17 months) is sitting in his carriage on our porch and watching the cars and buses go by! He can really sit for hours! In chilly weather I bundle him up in his warm jacket and blankets. I sit on a comfortable chair and catch up on paying bills or phone calls that need to be made. I can even take my laptop computer out there! I also read or do needlework. It's a great chance for a little relaxation. When we come back inside, my little guy is usually tired from the fresh air and naps. I'm able to get a lot of work done before everyone else gets home from school! We also take a lot of walks. I don't drive, so I walk everywhere...the grocery store, the library, to pick up my kids at school. He loves it!
I also don't try to entertain him constantly. I think it's very important for a baby to learn how to play on their own with their toys. All my children have loved their crib and playpen!

happymom

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 12:02 am
thanks soon a mommy! Smile

How old is your baby? He might not be too young because there is a section for babies who crawl....

other places I sometimes go : the park, botanical gardens, on walks, and food shopping.. when I go shopping for fruits and veggies I give my baby the things and she puts them in the bag! shes loves it Very Happy I really want to go to the aquarium! my neighbor has fish and my baby loves watching them swim....

amother

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 10:49 am
original amother- I guess I really just need to go out more, but I've got myself in such a rut that sometimes it's hard to pull myself out of the house. Or if I decide to go shopping and then my baby gets whiny in the store I go nuts and think to myself, "Why did I do this? I knew he wouldn't behave!" I know he's just acting age appropriate but it gets annoying. I envy all of you SAHM who truly love what you are doing and wish I could be one of you.
Also, it's not necessarily the baby who is bored- but ME. Thanks for listening. Sometimes I just lose it and vow to go back to work.

happyone

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 10:54 am
Shop online, get involved in cooking for Chesed organizations if you enjoy cooking and want to feel fulfilled, considor pesach cleaning Wink , spend more time on imamother, redesign your home in a fun way like sewing up new curtains or adding do it yourself borders, listen to shiurim on the phone, etc...

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 10:55 am
a person can be bored but busy.

since dh hurt his back, I have had to wash and vacuum floors as well as change sheets.

it's very boring work. but it keeps me busy.

happymom

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 10:59 am
amother I know how u feel! im telling u what helps is to make yourself a schedule.... make the times u go out after your baby had a nap and is fed so that he wont be tired or hungry... bring toys and food along to keep him entertained. of course it gets lonely! thats why its a MUST to get together with other moms! that way u arent just with babies all day... can u go to the gym or get out alone for at least an hour a day? it helps me SO MUCH that when my husband gets home I go to the gym with a friend for an hour... that way I have a break... I made my day this way because I was having such a hard time before and I thought of ways I can make staying at home good cuz its what I want.... there are ways U can do it to! U just need to work on it a little... whats hard is stay at home moms need to make their own schedules whereas when u work, they make the schedule for u.... If u push yourself and get out every day at a time ure baby is in a good mood, IM SURE u will feel better! please pm me if theres any way I can help make ure sah easier! Smile keep in mind every day that U ARE DOING What IS BEST FOR YOUR BABY... that makes me very happy and keeps me going....

gryp

Post Fri, Mar 24 2006, 11:35 am
Quote:
also I found a baby gym which isn't even that expensive. it has balls, tiny slides, a whole kitchen corner and is baby proof and alot of fun!

I didnt know one existed.
a while ago I had the idea to open something like this in Crown Heights but didnt think it would work.

amother, if youre bored, just have another baby. it makes life much more exciting to be home with two, not just one Twisted Evil
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics