Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Upsherin entertainment
Previous  1  2

tzipp

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 4:08 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
my son just had his upsherin recently. we cut the hair before company arrived, as we didn't want him to freak out. we didn't have hired entertainment. here's what happened.

my son refused to wear pants. he wore a yarmulka, shirt, and underwear. no shoes. he had a total meltdown in middle, there were too many people. someone gave him a train set, and he played with that and didn't let anyone come near it. my father had to take him on a walk to calm him down. my kid is actually a fairly sociable kid, but the whole crowd was too much for him. please remember that your child is three. he doesn't need the entertainment. take him to an uncle moishy concert when you have the chance instead, or buy an uncle moishy dvd to entertain the kids if you must have entertainment. many kids are scared of party entertainers.

Sounds like a scenario where entertainement for the kids would actually help...

manhattanmom

Post Tue, Oct 13 2009, 4:25 pm
tzipp wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:
my son just had his upsherin recently. we cut the hair before company arrived, as we didn't want him to freak out. we didn't have hired entertainment. here's what happened.

my son refused to wear pants. he wore a yarmulka, shirt, and underwear. no shoes. he had a total meltdown in middle, there were too many people. someone gave him a train set, and he played with that and didn't let anyone come near it. my father had to take him on a walk to calm him down. my kid is actually a fairly sociable kid, but the whole crowd was too much for him. please remember that your child is three. he doesn't need the entertainment. take him to an uncle moishy concert when you have the chance instead, or buy an uncle moishy dvd to entertain the kids if you must have entertainment. many kids are scared of party entertainers.

Sounds like a scenario where entertainement for the kids would actually help...

Entertainment for kids is only necessary when there are enough kids (like more than 3 or 4 ) to have it worthwhile.
If it's mostly an adult attended party, it won't work.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days