Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
New manager - vent

amother

Post Thu, Oct 22 2009, 8:54 am
We got a new manager at work a few weeks ago.

I have yet to hear any criticism or praise from her directly. But there are rumors going around that she's unhappy with my work, she's looking for ways to fire me, etc (we disagreed on something a while back - I said something critical about a project she led, which didn't exactly endear me to her).

This whole situation is just so frustrating. I used to love my job. Until just a couple of months ago, I felt like I was in a professional workplace and heading in a good direction. Now it feels like I've been transported back to third grade, this form of "communication" is less clear than just passing notes between desks. Instead of a boss who contacts me directly with criticism or compliments, and a friendly workplace where there was a feeling that we have a shared mission and we're working together, everything is suddenly rumors and innuendo and office politics.

I hate this feeling. I know I should be grateful that I've had it so good until now, and believe me I am, but this is just really tough. And dh's job finally got sorted out and it looked like everything was looking up... and now I might lose my job... uuuuuuuuugghh I am not happy Sad.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics