Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Real Jews vs. Hollywood Jews...

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 7:31 am
This is a link to a column to by a man who contrasts Hollywood's ultra liberal Jews to traditional Jewish values. Verrrry insightful.

http://bighollywood.breitbart......ews/#

mimivan

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 7:39 am
Perhaps interesting, but his title makes my heart break...

ALL Jews are REAL Jews, regardless of how religious they are, what political party they belong to etc...

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 8:14 am
I hear you Mimi, I think he means real practicing Jews or people holding real Jewish values. I'm assuming the writer isn't Jewish. I think its interesting he sees the distinctions between Hollywood Jewish values and traditional Jewish values.

In these days those lines are blurred even to most American Jews.

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 8:35 am
Interesting he caught up on it.

OP can you delete your avatar it's wayyyyy too provoactive for me...

BinahYeteirah

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 10:04 am
The blog post makes a couple assumptions about "traditional Jewish values" I don't care for.

chaylizi

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 10:14 am
BinahYeteirah wrote:
The blog post makes a couple assumptions about "traditional Jewish values" I don't care for.

Those being?

BinahYeteirah

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 10:29 am
A) That practicing Jews are "very pro-life". I don't really want to debate this here, but I am pro-choice. In my mind, Catholics, for whom abortion is forbidden even when the mother will die, are "very pro-life", not Jews. Halacha does allow, and even require, abortion in some situations. While I do not support the choice to use abortion unnecessarily, I feel that the decision about abortion is between a woman, her husband, her doctor, and her rav. I don't want the government making the decision for me.

B) That Xtians are our greatest allies. Please. There are plenty of very nice, decent Xians out there, but G-d is my greatest ally, not them. If they support the Jews, it is usually to further their own agenda; they're just waiting to convert us all "kingdom come".

chaylizi

Post Wed, Oct 21 2009, 10:37 am
those are pretty good points.

ShiffyChani

Post Fri, Oct 23 2009, 5:33 am
Of course the Jew run H-Wood I guess not much of you have lived there nor have watched many Hollywood Blockbuster Movies...yes check the credits and look for alll the Jewish names in the "Producer" and "Director" titles... as an ex of being in the Hollywood scene I KNOW the Jews run Hollywood frum or not...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics