Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Was your husband drunk on Purim?
Previous  1  2  3

Frumom

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 4:07 pm
nope! Smile

amother

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 5:40 pm
How about the kids who are affected by their fathers being drunk. My nephew was dead embarrassed that his father sang most of the davening [to a purim nigun] in shul. Of course all the people in shul LOVED it and had a great time. Her younger son came home crying that his father was ch'v not alive, since he was by that time out cold in shul. My sis wasn't very exited either when his friends carried him into the house.

JEWISHMAMA

Post Tue, Mar 21 2006, 6:00 am
my kids got a kick out of the fact that their father was CRAZY on purim. Drunken Smile He hasn´t enjoyed himself in so long so I said why not purim. We were invited to the rav´s house for seudah and we had a blast! I had soooooo much fun watching my dh drunk. Rolling Laughter He is hilarious and not disgusting like other men can get. He ended up throwing up which wasn´t too great when he threw up in the car. But I told the kids that that is what happens when you eat too many sweets! Later my oldest came up to me and said ¨come on mom he really drank too much¨ My 8 yr old is too smart! Anyway I had so much fun I cleaned the car....what a mess! It was the most fun purim I had had in a long time! Cheers

Blossom

Post Wed, Mar 22 2006, 3:02 pm
Quote:
yup! he was drunk but he was funny! he isn't disgusting drunk. except last year he forgot to deliever some of the mm. oh well.

LOL. Pretty bad huh?? LOL

I agree that it is so much more fun if the men are a little drunk and high. DH would never drink. Other men at the seuda who usually do drink a little somehow didn't so it wasn't as much fun.

Also, The Hatzolah is so busy Purim night with overdrunk people-it's scary!! I agree, if you know your limits then go ahead, otherwise for health reasons, Cosmetic reasons LOL , and spiritual reasons - avoid the drinking.

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 8:20 pm
oh boy am I glad that I didn't read this thread right after purim cuz I wld've set some of you straight in a not-so-very- civilized way. Very Happy Now it's long over so I'm not so emotionally involved.

In stolin the men get highly drunk and go to shul to dance to live music for 2-3 hours. Then they daven mincha in their drunk state. If that mincha is not like neila I don't know what is. Yes, my dh gets drunk and sick. I love it. I love the fact that he cries and that he clings to the aron kodesh in shul. I love watching the d'veikus those men experience. If u wld get sick from matzo wld u not eat it?! It's the same with this mitzva --I don't know who made it optional! Chayav Adam L'visumei
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics