Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Spending yomtov in the hospital

raizy

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 10:24 pm
allright now what do I have to pack (food wise) when one is spending the yomtov in the hospital?

I am having bh a baby and I want to know what to prepare in advance to take with me to the hospital??

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 10:40 pm
food,food, and more food!

I was due 2 days before succos and panicking how I'll manage. I gave birth 7 weeks before succos... lol..

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 10:51 pm
if you're in maimonides, you should get grape juice, challahs, etc....but if you're not, take some of those!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 11:26 pm
matzah in this case Smile

elisecohen

Post Tue, Mar 21 2006, 11:12 am
Especially with it being Pesach, bring everything you can imagine--bring matzoh, jelly, soda, juice, maybe little packs of tuna and/or gefilte fish, and anything else you can get shelf-stable. Hard salami that doesn't need refridgeration might be good if you like that so you have some meat. Check in advance if you can make use of a fridge for things like baked potatoes or meat. The only thing the hospital will probably be able to offer you is fruit and water. Bring reading material so you're not too bored since you can't watch tv or do needlework or anything like that. Bring a siddur with tehillim. Bring a couple of tichels or snoods so you're sure you have something comfy. Bring a couple of pairs of socks. I'll try to think of anything else...

happyone

Post Tue, Mar 21 2006, 2:20 pm
Hey Raizy, where r u delivering? I might be your roommate. Am pretty worried how to figure out the food situation as well.

zigi

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:10 pm
good luck I had a pesach due date thank G-D my ds came a week late! pack anything and everything because you could be there for a while, they probablly will have kosher lepesach meals, I kept on getting the breakfast one, I'm not sure what the halacha is with reheating it though....

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 3:24 pm
Raizy... did your baby turn??

curlyhead

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 5:59 pm
Do you have a mother or motherinlaw or someone else who could send readymade meals?

Would you eat the kosher l'pesach meal heated up the hospitals chometz oven/ microvawe?

How about water? the sinks are not pesachdik. Unless the Hospital has pesachdik bottled water.

Also dont forget to bring something to line the table/eating area.

ChavieK

Post Thu, Mar 23 2006, 6:16 pm
Does the hospital have a kosher kitchen or mashgiach? Last year when my baby was in the NICU & being tube-fed I had questions about Shabbos & pumping.The Rabbi of the hospital gave me the short version of what I should do also what doors to use ,where you can go.He told me stuff I would never have known were problems.Hopefully you won't have to worry about it.

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 7:52 pm
u can also get meals from various Bikur Cholim's delivered to u. Where are u delivering?

Does Satmar Bikur Cholim deliver on Pesach?

miriam

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 7:56 pm
uhm, check out the mazel tov thread. She had a boy. Mazel Tov.

queen

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 8:09 pm
Look at that Raizy- all that worrying and you ended up giving birth before! I'm so happy for you!!! Smile

We spent first days Sukkos in hospital this year when princess was born. There was so much going on Sukkos kind of went over my head this year. I think I only made it into the Sukkah for one meal.....

ILOVELIFE

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 8:22 pm
miriam wrote:
uhm, check out the mazel tov thread. She had a boy. Mazel Tov.

LOL!

happyone

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 8:44 pm
A baby is one of those things you can't predict the b-day of. Even with scheduled inductions, it sometimes shleps to the next day, or gets rescheduled last minute.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics