Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Neighbor's Children undermining Our Chinuch

amother

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 9:41 pm
The situation is , the neighbor's children are harrassing my 2 children, but not in a normal teasing manner. They spit at my kids, call them deragatory names and their parents are virtually doing nothing about it. In fact,t he overwhelming response from the parents, is that their kids should stay away from my children but they fail to tell their children the importance to respect other children and adults, They also are very disrespectful to us as well (the neighbors kids that is)
My 5 yr old daughter who by nature is a very good kid is acting out in a chutzadik manner. When questioned about what promotes this behavior, she responds that she wants to be powerful like they are thats y she acts this way .

What should I do? I need advice

amother

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 9:45 pm
I think that you should tell your children that we're not going to play with those kids anymore because they do not know how to act and we do not want to find ourselves copying bad behaviors.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 9:50 pm
(orig. mother) I've done that, but since we are next door neighbors and share a gate its virtually impossible to completely cut off all ties. And when ever my children are outside and they also are outside they immediately taunt my children. when we get back in , my daughter acts in a totally different manner and she totally disrespects my authority sticking outher tounge and talking back at me.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 9:50 pm
(orig. mother) I've done that, but since we are next door neighbors and share a gate its virtually impossible to completely cut off all ties. And when ever my children are outside and they also are outside they immediately taunt my children. when we get back in , my daughter acts in a totally different manner and she totally disrespects my authority sticking outher tounge and talking back at me.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 28 2006, 9:56 pm
I have next door neighbors like that, I really went about this in a sneaky way, I told my kids if those kids are not behaving well, stick up your head and say I don't let you play with me, so if they are playing nicely alls well, and if her kids are animals my kids control themselves to stay away, but somehow it works like reverse bullying psychology because over time her kids are less and less like that to my kids, its like they respect my kids for bullying/bossing them back. Salut hi next door neighbor Very Happy I do not know if this helps you amother but its all I've got, good luck.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 1:46 pm
thanx for that tip , I told my daughter and I think I gave her a powerful feeling knowing she can fight back but still stay true to the values we teach her. have any others ideas, do you think that its appropriate for my dh or I to speak to the parents , they are the kind of parents who stay out of things but I feel this is going way further than normal childhood antics. it is getting to be nice outside and we are bound to run into more issues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics