Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
NEED YOUR FEEDBACK PLEASE ABOUT A TOY
Previous  1  2

IndyMom

Post Sun, Nov 06 2005, 1:48 pm
A toy my kids love is from Leap Frog. It is a magnetic "holder" and it comes with 26 magnetic letters of the alphabet. You hang it on your fridge and when you put a letter in the holder it sings a song about the letter. How cool would it be to have food item magnets hanging on the fridge that when you put it in the holder it sings about the bracha.

Here is a link to the magnetic letter set: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi.....arium

I would pay $30 for a kosher set like this.

As a side bonus - it keeps the young kids very occupied in the kitchen when you are trying to cook supper.

gryp

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 12:09 pm
by the way, in a Jewish store yesterday I saw a Jewish mobile to hang from the crib. it has a mezuzah, torah, pushka (I think) and other Jewish things. it looked really great.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 23 2005, 12:49 pm
check out the mobile they r talking about... I've seen it on ebay, along with stuffed jewish singing toys.
user name: everythingjudaica.

MOM222

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 1:59 pm
Wanted to add that there is a doll called shimile (somthing like that) that when you press one hand it sings modie Ani and the other hand sings hamalach hagoel or shema (can't remember) There is also a girls version.

Dont feel bad about the mobil . Someone told me this idea 1 1/2 ago. Looks like a lot of people thought of this idea.

ButterflyGarden

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 2:26 pm
I personally would not buy any of these toy because we have a no electric - no singing/talking/noise-making toy rule. However, I think its a very cute idea and I know many people who would love it.

The toys we have in israel include a cup that says shehakol and a "book" that is made from plastic. Each page had two pictures and two associated brachot. These brachot are not just for food. We also have the Modeh Ani alarm clock, but most people I know just think it's really annoying. As for Shem Hashem they say Hashem Elokenu and it's understood that the parents will correct the child to teach him the proper name. We also have plush Torahs (I think I also saw this in the states too), and many other jewish objects.

What I would really like someone to come out with are toys like when we where growing up. Toys where the child still has to use her imagination. Everything now comes with lights and sound. Even the BATH TOYS!! shock Is that disturbing to anyone else? Even if they are all safe, I think it's horrible chinuch. Who wants to teach there child to take electrical things into water? What Confused

Ok, enough of that rant.

Tefila

Post Thu, Mar 30 2006, 5:15 pm
Quote:
Everything now comes with lights and sound. Even the BATH TOYS!! Is that disturbing to anyone else? Even if they are all safe, I think it's horrible chinuch. Who wants to teach there child to take electrical things into water?

I agree
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries