Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Help!! my ds molested the neighbor's son! WWYD?
Previous  1  2  3  4

entropy

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 5:46 am
I vote assault charge.

shosh

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 5:56 am
I suddenly realised that I misunderstood. I thought you meant against the 12 yr old that started the whole thing off!!

I also think you should file a charge against the neighbour. It's important that your ds realises that no adult has any right to hurt him. I also once complained to the police about a 17 yr old neighbour who threatened my 13 yr old ds with a knuckle duster. The police take these things seriously, and it's also important that your ds sees that violence doesn't pay under any circumstances, even though he here was the victim and not the perpetrator.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 6:27 am
shosh wrote:
It depends whether the following would be achieved:
1. Giving your ds a sense of closure that the original perp was caught and dealt with.
2. Would filing a charge prevent danger to other kids from this boy? Is the other boy receiving therapy? If not, filing might actually help him.

Ask yourself this and add to the list anything else positive that may be gained from it.

1. ds' sibs need the closure more than he seems to - is this a reason?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 9:24 am
I would get my son into therapy asap!! someone must have done this to him... poor kid, he needs help

SarahSpundah

Post Sun, Nov 01 2009, 11:23 am
Adult men do not have the right to beat up a ten year old boy. They were wrong. I would definitely file charges because if this crazy father feels justified in beating up ten year old boys - he is probably hitting other people at home too Sad

amother

Post Tue, Nov 03 2009, 6:56 am
SarahSpundah wrote:
Adult men do not have the right to beat up a ten year old boy. They were wrong. I would definitely file charges because if this crazy father feels justified in beating up ten year old boys - he is probably hitting other people at home too Sad
yes, on that I couldn't agree with you more Sad (this is the OP)
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics