Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
New counter tops please

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 8:19 pm
right now our counter tops are formica laminate. I kno, disgusting. (im not being a brat, thank gd we have a kitchen).

Id really love some corian or granite or marble buuuuut id like some suggestions for cheaper alternatives.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 08 2009, 8:46 pm
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....89684

I am the OP of this thread; you may want to read it (in case link does not go through, it is Granite vs. Formica Countertops in the Finance forum).

b"H our kitchen renovation is 75-80% complete. I am very happy with it. We went w/ formica countertops we decided it was the right thing to do and fit better with our lifestyle and neighborhood. Also, truthfully, the granite was not affordable to us without dipping into our savings more than we would have liked or taken on additional debt. There are some very nice options available. Entire countertop cost (actual countertops above cabinets as well as matching tabletop piece for eating) was about $750.

I did spend a little bit more money in things like - esthetically nicer faucets with a pull-down sprayer and soap dispenser in a bronze color, matching bronze hardware, and nice accent tiles for my backsplash) but did it with birthday/anniversary checks that we received while the construction was being done. This really gives the kitchen a nice, put together look.

Taking a step back at the big picture, I feel a sense of happiness and relief that we have a finished product that I am happy with but that did not put us over what we could comfortably spend.

In fact, I really should update my post with this.

ClaRivka - not sure if any of this applies to you and don't mean to discourage you from a nicer alternative. Just wanted to put my thoughts out there.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Nov 09 2009, 2:57 pm
Haven't you said elsewhere that you are an apartment renter? You want to improve a kitchen in a place you don't own?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics