Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Babysitting decisions please help

e1234

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 3:42 am
I have been trying to find good babysitting arrangments for my son (age 15 months) and have had a hard time.
I am down to 3 choices and I need help deciding

1. keep him by his current babysitter who can't babysit as late as I need so I work at home with but he is a mischievous toddler and this doesn't seem to be working well for me. I have no idea when I'll find a place in a more convenient option
2. I found a place by a babysitter a 7 minute walk away and 1 minute bus ride who I felt was good but she has only babies and he would be the only toddler and I'm afraid he will be bored.
3. have another possible babysitter (who I will meet today but over the phone she sounded very good and I got good reports from the mothers I called about her) The big disadvantage is she is 10 minute walk a way (up steps half the way) and there is no bus I can take to her on rainy days or when I am really exhausted so it will be up to me to make the trip twice a day. (or 4x depending on how you look at it)

dh thinks I should do number 3 but it's a commitment till August and I'm nervous the taking him and picking him up will get very annoying - especially when I'm exhausted. dh things the walk will be good and healthy for me. (but he's a man and I don't know if he really understands how exhausted a women can feel sometimes)

what would you do? any advice?

shalhevet

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 3:50 am
Who else is in the group in 3.?

At 15 months IMHO, especially as he will be 2 by August, iyH, he really needs an arrangement with a little singing/ drawing/ painting/ sticking/ being taken outside to play in the sand/ free play etc, and not just having his physical needs met.

e1234

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 4:15 am
3. has 5 months, 10 monhts, and 2 years so he would fit with the 2 year old .
I tried getting him into maon as I thought it would be better from him but they have no space.

I just don't know what to do and it's a commitment to pick him up and bring him daily.

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 5:10 am
id go with 3

e1234

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 8:35 am
so now I'm thinking of going with number 2 as 3 is really going to be a big deal on rainy days and the like.
I spoke to the babysitter and she feels totally fine with it - she seems to be very easy going.
I was going to start with a 1 month trial.
I want to still register today so I really need to decide quickly...

zigi

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 10:16 am
number 3 sounds good. he won't be bored with the 2 year old.

invest in rain gear so the trip won't be so bad. the good thing is that you are forced to go out side every day. you will get used to going on the steps.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Nov 24 2009, 12:30 pm
Given the age, sounds like the real options are either 1 or 3. Depends on which is less of inconvenience for OP--cringy toddler while trying to work from home or 10min walk. Personally 10min walk is nothing that difficult. It's quite nice if you think it's 20min a day you can spend exclusively with your toddler.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics