Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Breakfast 4 pesach

cl

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 4:15 am
my 14m DS has oatmeal cereal most mornings for breakfast what is the best thing to offer him during pesach? I dont mind to use factory-made stuff.
can I give DS gebroks if we wont be eating it ourselves?

TzenaRena

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 5:52 am
We never gave our children gebrokts, maybe there are some who do? What I'd imagine you'd need separate keilim for that.

But I didn't find it necessary in my case. My children were either about a year old, or under and I was still nursing at that time, ,so I avoided having the formula question. It's hard now to remember what I fed them, but I think bananas accounted for some breakfasts. also, cottage cheese,yogurt or probably the usual fare for us. potatoes, eggs....

and IIRC at that age they already ate matza.

But once again, you should ask your Rav Very Happy

shopaholic

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 6:07 am
It might sound gross, but lady fingers softened in milk. Similar consistancy to oatmeal or baby cereal. DS loves it (& so do I since I was a kid) but my other 2 don't.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 6:58 am
I see this year there's Pesach hot cereal!!!

Thee's matza, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes.

Yogurt, coffee, juice. Potato starch cakes or muffins if you make them.

Apple sauce, fruit salad, cut up melon wth cottage cheese.

hard cheese and an apple.

estherf

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 12:11 pm
I asked R Osdoba (rav in Crown Heights) few years ago if I could give my child who was 14 months old kitnioys. The answer was NO but Rav himself told me it was O'K to give gebroks. He explained that there is no prohibition to have gebroks during Pesach and we do not eat it because of chumra and not because we are really afraid it might be chometz. But saying gebroks he only meant matze-meal that you get in near by matze-bakery. And you do use different keylim and sink.

hardwrknmom

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 2:19 pm
forsure!! there's nothing against gebroks for kids. even adults can eat it. its not the lubavitch minhag but for children its ok

Crayon210

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 2:32 pm
In the Lubavitcher Rebbe's early years as Rebbe, he said gebrokts was okay for kids. In the later years, he discouraged it...

MOM222

Post Sat, Apr 08 2006, 12:48 pm
Crunch up some matzah in a plastic bowl with some milk.

BlumaG

Post Sat, Apr 08 2006, 9:25 pm
for my DD I'll give banana or yoghurt or lady fingers or lady fingers mixed with water, shes not on milk yet
I'm sure ur DS will adjust. Smile kisses to him Smile

cl

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 5:30 am
thanx blumaG.
what did u eat 4 pesach breakfast when u were little?
I thought I rember eating matza crumbled in milk so thats why I asked if gebroks 4 kids is OK.

yoyosma

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 4:56 pm
We ate yogurt, eggs, cake and milk, matza with jam and matza with cream cheese, bananas and cottage cheese with sour cream ( That sounds disgusting to me now, but we ate it!) lady fingers, fruit (cantaloupe, bananas, etc) cottage cheese and cucumbers. When Pesach cereal came out, it was usually for the babies, but they never liked it so my parents stopped buying.

BlumaG

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 5:12 pm
I remeber eating matzo in cream. I dunno wat age, sounds kinda gross though, isnt that matzo brei?
remeber hte milk factory and getting those big things of cream??? early in the morning?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics