Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Materna on pesach?

motheroftwo

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 11:17 pm
can anyone tell me if its ok to use materna baby formula on pesach?

BlumaG

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 11:38 pm
ask ur rav, but according to blumenkranz its fine just use in bathroom, wash in bathroom sink.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 02 2006, 11:49 pm
the cholov yisroel formula is not even kitniyos. If you check on the OU web site they write it's the only kosher lpesach non kitniyos formula.

girliesmommy

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 1:30 am
Are you all talking about the regular, purple materna? I was wondering if they make a special one for Pesach. So basically, the regular one is ok even though it doesn't say on it?

sarahd

Post Mon, Apr 03 2006, 5:35 am
They make special Kosher LePesach Materna, which has no kitniyos, IIRC.

cl

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 7:07 am
I found in really small print somewhere on the carton it says 'kosher l'pesach.' I dont know if the cans I had were specially made 4 pesach or if all of them are kosher l'pesach.

aspring

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 8:46 am
The kosher for Pesach cholov yisroel materna Ive found all have kitnios. We asked a rov and he said to use it and clean the bottles in the bathroom.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Apr 07 2006, 9:08 am
Last Pesach was when I started giving my baby formula so I went to a kosher store & they had the pareve materna & it was Kosher L'Pesach

motheroftwo

Post Sat, Apr 08 2006, 9:36 pm
I just Materna (purple) which had green stickers on them that said "kosher L'pesach" but it does say kitniyos on it too.

ektsm

Post Sat, Apr 08 2006, 11:36 pm
You should use formula if they need it. You can't just Chas vshalom starve your baby.

BlumaG

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 12:13 am
I was going ot buy cholov yisroel formula for my baby, shes on prosobee I was going to switch for pesach but hte kosher store here doesnt carry any cholov yisroel formula anymore bc of hte scare in israel a couple yrs ago, I dont know all the deteils so I will just use prosobee over the bathroom or laundry sink

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 10:24 am
BlumaG wrote:
I was going ot buy cholov yisroel formula for my baby, shes on prosobee I was going to switch for pesach but hte kosher store here doesnt carry any cholov yisroel formula anymore bc of hte scare in israel a couple yrs ago, I dont know all the deteils so I will just use prosobee over the bathroom or laundry sink

the cholov yisrael formulas are also kitniyot. I have not come across one that is not, if you don't use kitniyot you have to use it in the bathroom. I would not reccommend changeing your daughters formula for peasach. She may have a reaction to the change and end up not eating. once you choose a formula you should stick with it.

BlumaG

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 8:06 pm
I am I am, too much of a prob anyways
I remember a couple yrs ago my sil tried her twins on it b4 pesach and they threw it up so that was the end of that Smile
too big of a bother

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 9:37 pm
I just changed my baby from neosure to materna. He's been crying and spitting with every feeding. I finally put him on similac and he's a new person. It's just so much more expensive...

Crayon210

Post Sun, Apr 09 2006, 9:40 pm
ektsm wrote:
You should use formula if they need it. You can't just Chas vshalom starve your baby.

No one suggested starving a baby CHV. But it might be better to use certain brands of formula over others.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics