Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Lunch comes all too often - I feel like an awful wife!
Previous  1  2

OldYoung

Post Fri, Nov 20 2009, 2:28 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Same here Meema2Kids. It's because dh gets so fussy about what I send, that I just give up.
I think I will make a lunch menu for dh at the beginning of the week so that I am prepared (e/t has to be prepared in the fridge at beginning of week), and so that I am not repetative.
I will try this...

Sunday:
tuna sandwiches from freezer
ready baggie of baby carrots, grape tomatoes and sliced kirbies
banana

Monday:
container containing lettuce mix, grape tomatoes, cubed kirbies (kirbies in a baggie so that it stays fresh made ahead ot time), turkey strips, tiny container of creamy dressing, packet of melba toast, fork and napkin
sliced apple

Tues:
pastrami sandwich from freezer
ready baggie of baby carrots, grape tomatoes and pepper strips
natural apple sauce cup

Thurs:
container containing lettuce mix, grape tomatoes, pepper strips, deviled eggs, tiny container of vinaigrette dressing, packet of melba toast, fork and napkin
peeled orange

Now I've got work to do!

Can you pack a lunch for me too?? Good for you that you can get away with sending these kinds of meals! if I packed my husband this kind of lunch he'd probably decide to just make his own. (And put in some fruit-roll-ups, potato chips, pringles, and a mountain dew! LOL )

Maya

Post Fri, Nov 20 2009, 3:05 pm
JudyJudith wrote:
I do have these guilt feelings about breakfast though. Dh doesn't come home for breakfast anymore, because of his morning route. If he would, he would be late to kollel. Instead he usually has coffee or buys a sandwich. I'm always offering him to send along something, but he doesnt want me too. I don't insist enough because my mornings are busy enough as is, but I always feel bad about it.

When my husband was in kollel and I worked, we did it the other way around. He made my lunch (although I have no idea why that was necessary). Then we switched roles.

Tova

Post Fri, Nov 20 2009, 3:18 pm
[My husband actually does make my lunch every day - he's in kollel and I work - and it is SO nice. Tuna fish made by someone else tastes SO much better than tuna fish where you had to open the can, etc.]

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 20 2009, 3:30 pm
OldYoung wrote:
Can you pack a lunch for me too?? Good for you that you can get away with sending these kinds of meals! if I packed my husband this kind of lunch he'd probably decide to just make his own. (And put in some fruit-roll-ups, potato chips, pringles, and a mountain dew! LOL )

Lol! Let's see if I can manage with keeping up this menu this week. I made the 4 sandwiches for the freezer so far, so hopefull I will.
And let's see how long before he gets bored of my lunches again.
OldYoung, what do you think I take for myself? I grab a 3 oz. pop top can of tuna, some frozen bread, a fork, and a bag of baby carrots (if I am lucky.) I should really just make 2 of what he's having, but who has patience?

Ruchel

Post Sat, Nov 21 2009, 1:51 pm
I don't feel guilty. My dh can cook and he does better than me.

Ronit

Post Sat, Nov 21 2009, 7:17 pm
Maya wrote:
JudyJudith wrote:
I do have these guilt feelings about breakfast though. Dh doesn't come home for breakfast anymore, because of his morning route. If he would, he would be late to kollel. Instead he usually has coffee or buys a sandwich. I'm always offering him to send along something, but he doesnt want me too. I don't insist enough because my mornings are busy enough as is, but I always feel bad about it.

When my husband was in kollel and I worked, we did it the other way around. He made my lunch (although I have no idea why that was necessary). Then we switched roles.

DH preparing food is one thing I don't find a help. The kitchen is my domain Wink .

I'm imagining a busy morning w/ dh preparing me food. I'd just fell he's underfoot. I'd probaly get nervous from anything he'll leave out. Even if he'd be the most efficient cook, who magicly has the place spic when he is done- I still don't think I'd appreciate it. I like to be the Queen of the kitchen. LOL

geemum

Post Thu, Dec 17 2009, 1:12 pm
Usually make him Deli meat on bread with veg (letuce, pickles, onlion...) with mustard, mayo or similar. Usually send him some veg cut up or salad in a container.

Often he'll take a thermos with boiling water and make himself a instant noodle soup at the office.

Every now and again he'll take leftovers in a container.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 17 2009, 1:20 pm
my husband has no problem with me sending the same thing every day. (although I have I problem...its boring to make to same things Very Happy ) but no complaints. if there are good leftovers he will usually take them over a sandwich otherwise he gets two egg salad bagels everyday!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics