Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
BAKED ZITI RECIPE PLEASE!!!

TWINNY

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 3:35 pm
QUICK AND EASY!!!

be a mentch

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 3:47 pm
cook the ziti pasta , add a pasta sauce (any variety) ,and add shredded mazzarella chese,mix together cover and bake for 1 hour on 350. simple as ABC

hardworkingmommy

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 3:48 pm
cook the ziti, & mix with pasta/pizza sauce along with some sugar & shredded cheese. once mixed put in a pan & sprinkle with shredded cheese. I have no measurments. I put as much I think it needs & I bake it uncovered for about 30-45 minutes at 375.
It's really good, no recipes in the cookbooks beats this. Good Luck!

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 3:49 pm
bring water to boil, add salt, add one 16 oz. box/bag pasta, cook pasta til al dente (dont overcook). drain. put in 9 by 13 pan. add ketchup and mix into pasta. add approx 1 and a half packs 6 oz muenster cheese, either shredded or regular slices of cheese that u rip it into smallish pieces yourself (thats what I do). mix into pasta. add a little salt, and lightly spice with the spices you guys like. (we like oregano in it lately, we used to be into basil, before that it was onion garlic.) cover. bake at 375 for approx 40 min.

Chani

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 4:00 pm
Layer a box of cooked ziti, jarred spaghetti sauce (I like BUitoni), and a mixture of shredded mozarella, ricotta, and a beaten egg. Top with mozzarella and parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes on 350.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 4:02 pm
Mine is easy and tasty-
cook ziti noodles
make a mixture of tomato sauce, spices, oregeno, water, and sugar.Mix
Put in pan and mix with the noodles.
Pour shredded cheese on top
cover
bake one hour on 350
mix
and enjoy

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 4:04 pm
I mix an egg or two with the pasta, sauce and cheese to bind it.

faigyl

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 4:11 pm
mix cooked ziti with tomato sauce, a container of cottage cheese or ricotta cheese and some shredded cheese. Pour into 9x13 and put shredded cheese on top.
Bake at 350 for 35 min

mommy7

Post Fri, Dec 25 2009, 3:09 pm
This might sound weird, but use farmer cheese. I used it once and my family inhaled it, it was gone. Now I make it all the time--1 box ziti, cooked & drained. 1 jar marinara sauce. 1-2 thingies of farmer cheese (1 lb total?) Mix noodles and farmer cheese and sauce. Put into 9x13, cover with moz cheese, bake covered 350 for about 30 min & moz all melted.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Dec 25 2009, 3:12 pm
I have a recipe posted here too.

P.S. Farmer's cheese has a lot of fat. and it's pricey.

shopaholic

Post Sat, Dec 26 2009, 8:13 pm
1 box of ziti
1 jar of marinara sauce
1 container of ricotta cheese
1 egg
shredded cheese
parmesean cheese (opt)

Cook the ziti. Add the sauce, cheeses & mix. Sprinkle more shredded cheese & parmesean, if using, on top. Bake covered until cheese has melted 7 then uncover & bake until crispy.

proud_mama

Post Sun, Dec 27 2009, 10:36 pm
great recipe, I make all the time for every dairy family get together we have, everyone loves it. I even add spinach to it for my kids sometimes.

Per one box of ziti:

boil one cup of milk
mix in 2-3 Tbs of flour to thicken
add: 1 cup american cheese (5-6 slices)
1 cup muenster cheese
1 bottle marinara sauce

mix all together, mix in box of cooked ziti, cover and bake in toaster for 1 hour.

freshie

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 12:16 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Mine is easy and tasty-
cook ziti noodles
make a mixture of tomato sauce, spices, oregeno, water, and sugar.Mix
Put in pan and mix with the noodles.
Pour shredded cheese on top
cover
bake one hour on 350
mix
and enjoy

How much water do you put? is it necessary to add?

rivk241

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 12:22 pm
so from all the recipes here which one is the best? I have never made baked ziti that got finished?? which one should I try form here?

TWINNY

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 12:25 pm
I ended up making a very simple version.
I cooked up the ziti. Mixed in marinara sauce.
Placed half in the pan. Put a layer of mixed shredded cheese-Mozzerella and Cheddar.
Another layer zit and sauce. Topped w/ cheese.
Baked for half hour on 350.
'twas good. Wink

Rachie1

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 1:49 pm
be a mentch wrote:
cook the ziti pasta , add a pasta sauce (any variety) ,and add shredded mazzarella chese,mix together cover and bake for 1 hour on 350. simple as ABC

This is how I do it. I don't even bother to cover the casserole dish when I bake it. And I leave it in for about 35-40 minutes, not an hour. I also add other types of cheese (like ricotta), and you can also sneak in some veggies that you have cooked first.

solo

Post Mon, Dec 28 2009, 1:53 pm
same here.
1cook pasta.
2 add cheese and pasta sauce.
3. bake
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals