Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Women's neshamot and reincarnation

meesi

Post Wed, Jun 22 2005, 8:26 am
http://www.hanefesh.com/edu/reincarnation.htm

What do you all think about the last paragraph of this article? Sorry, that website will not allow me to copy and paste it here.

Chana

proudmom

Post Wed, Jun 22 2005, 9:44 am
Quote:
There is a very great secret revealed in the Sha'ar HaGilgulim with regards to reincarnation that most do not know: there is a difference in cosmic law as to how men and women reincarnate. Usually, it is only men who have to reincarnate to continue to rectify their souls. Women, on the other hand, follow a different law. The rectifications for their souls is tended to above in Heaven. By the rule, women do not reincarnate for the sake of individual reincarnation. They do, however, reincarnate to help the soul of their mate with his incarnation. To put it bluntly, most female souls do not need to be here on earth for their own sakes, they have come for the men folk. You guys pay attention

I think that iis really interesting.

gryp

Post Wed, Jun 22 2005, 10:02 am
meesi- first of all, I would do more research on my own before believing what every organization writes on their website. this could be their understanding of what the Sefer Shaar Hagilgulim writes, or they could be correct. I have no idea because I never learned Shaar Hagilgulim, but I can ask someone learned to see if they are indeed correct.
the only reason why im wary of them is because they say at the bottom of the page:
Quote:
"Hanefesh administrate varies programs to modernize traditional Judaism."

second of all- if our main focus in life was reincarnation, then perhaps I would take this more seriously. but honestly I never think about reincarnation.

meesi

Post Wed, Jun 22 2005, 1:48 pm
Proudmom-How did you get it to let you copy and paste? It kept telling me that it was copyrighted and I could not! Rolling Eyes Is there a trick to override that?

RG- I take EVERYTHING that I read on the internet with a grain of salt. I just found this idea "amusing" and was wondering what others thought of it. The first time I read it, I thought it was a joke!

Chana

gryp

Post Wed, Jun 22 2005, 2:08 pm
Very Happy
I just thought it was important to call your attention to their quote on the bottom of the page.

meesi

Post Wed, Jun 22 2005, 3:23 pm
Thanks for pointing that out RG- I liked their page entitled "crash course on Judaism" when I first started studying. It "pointed me in the right direction" as to what topics I should look into more. But, I had not noticed the "fine print" and I will keep that in mind from now on when I read their articles.

Chana Smile

Aish

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 9:15 pm
I have heard this a number of times before. that woman come down to help their hubbys with their mitzvos, tafkid, ex: pru urivu. personally I find it very hard to belive that woman have nothing to fix down here. if that were the case why do some females come down to suffer tremendous hardships in life, if not for a tikkun on a past gilgul. this "theory" brings up many questions. and im sure there are answers.

roza

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 10:16 pm
the issue with gilgulim is more complex, I read somewhere that some women were men in previous life and the other way around. I remember a Baal Shem Tov story where he revealed to a husband and wife that they were business partners in previous life.

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 10:50 pm
so what about all those (unfortunately) single women?

proudmom

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 11:22 pm
meesi wrote:
Proudmom-How did you get it to let you copy and paste? It kept telling me that it was copyrighted and I could not! Rolling Eyes Is there a trick to override that?
Chana

I use the shortcut keys

Rivka

Post Mon, Jul 04 2005, 7:10 pm
I heard that a man can be a gilgul of a woman and a woman can be a gilgul of a man, so you really never know.
I believe in reincarnation because it means that we don't just die and dissapear into nothing. Also with the marriage thingy, it is a nice idea that everytime you come back onto earth you always meet the same neshama and marry the same one. Don't know how real it is though.
If a female neshama only comes on earth for the man, then how come we get punished up above when we die?? We could just say that we acted selflessly in the first place and coming back to earth was punishment enough for our soul if we didn't need to be alive in the first place.

Anyway, I sometimes wonder who I was in a past life, but then forget about it, coz imagine if I knew and I wasn't too much of a nice person I really wouldn't want to know.

Aish

Post Mon, Jul 04 2005, 8:01 pm
Quote:
Rivka"]I heard that a man can be a gilgul of a woman and a woman can be a gilgul of a man,

I heard that to.

Quote:
If a female neshama only comes on earth for the man, then how come we get punished up above when we die?? We could just say that we acted selflessly in the first place and coming back to earth was punishment enough for our soul if we didn't need to be alive in the first place

I like that Very Happy

Quote:
I sometimes wonder who I was in a past life, but then forget about it, coz imagine if I knew and I wasn't too much of a nice person I really wouldn't want to know.

I would so want to know b/c id want to fix it and stop coming down again!
there was a man that we knew who was very into past life regresion. he was told who he was in a past life and looked up info on the man and even went to his kaver Confused
strange but true...

Rivka

Post Sat, Jul 09 2005, 8:41 pm
How would you know if the regression is real??

Aish

Post Sat, Jul 09 2005, 10:23 pm
Rivka wrote:
How would you know if the regression is real??

because when he found out, he had so many similarities in his life with this other person in a previous life. and he even knew what he came down here to fix. this man in the previous life was a very good man. he did much good in his life and so on. the man we know also has a great life. parnasa, friends etc.... he said he didn't have to pay for anything major but to enjoy this world and to fix one midda that was lacking in the previous lifetime. he felt as if he "knew" this "previous" man and even "guessed" on many things about him and then found out he was right!

Rivka

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 8:43 am
I see. Isn't it freaky though. Would anyone else want to do this?

Aish

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 10:49 am
Rivka wrote:
I see. Isn't it freaky though. Would anyone else want to do this?

I certainly would not rule it out ONLY if I truly felt that it would help me accomplish my tafkid down here better and to understand certain things that I don't, for the sake of helping me. I DO NOT agree with messing around with stuff like that for the sake of curiosity. that is dangerous. it doest lead to anything good.

curlyhead

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 8:05 am
there was fasincating paperback book on this topic which was put out a few years ago by a Jewish publisher. I don't remember the name of the book. Does any one know what the name of the book is? Well I highly reccomend reading it if someone knows what book I am talking about.

Rivka

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 12:48 pm
Ha ha!!!!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 3:00 pm
I have heard that Dina was the reincarnation of Avraham's mother, and Batsheva the reincarnation of Elisheva.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics