Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Waxing vs. Threading

May

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 2:14 pm
Which method do you prefer when having your eyebrows done - waxing or threading? Why? (Feel free to comment about other facial hair as well).

amother

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 2:23 pm
I prefer threading I think it lasts for longer meaning that the hair doesnt grow back as fast as when I do waxing

momaholic

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 2:38 pm
Waxing! I did threading as girl, in seminary in Israel. Although it lasts for longer, it is sooo painful. As for waxing I do not think they are painful at all.

citygirl

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 3:02 pm
Threading definitely! I feel it lasts longer and for some reason the shape always come out gr8! There are'nt many places in bp or flatbush that actually do it though.

mom23

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 4:07 pm
I have very sensitive skin. So while threading is less irritating in the long run, I couldn't stand the pain. I literally had tears streaming down my face every time I had it done. So it's waxing for me.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 4:11 pm
I was told hair should be thick for threading, by the beautician (who thought I had "hair like a baby's"). Indeed many hair she couldn't catch and I had to finish it with a twizzer... is it normal?

shev

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 4:20 pm
momaholic where is there someone who does threading in jerusalem?

momaholic

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 5:00 pm
shev wrote:
momaholic where is there someone who does threading in jerusalem?

It was a few years ago but, I went in geula, on Tachkemoni, which is off malchei Yisroel. It was on the right side towards the end of the block.

busydev

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 5:14 pm
Threading!! 100%. it last longer and they get a better shape it is painful, but you get used to it. just dont do it when you have your period or right before or after. you r skin is more sensitive then. and thats for all types of tweezing, waxing etc..

also I have sensitive skin and break out or get burned from waxing. (did it 3-4 times with the same result)

also I do eyebrow and upper lip.

Ruchel- threading should be able to get everything your tweezer does. waxing is less likely to pick up smalller hairs. thats what my beautican/threader told me

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 8:23 pm
dd prefers threading but I'm a waxing person.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics