Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Digital Cameras

pretty

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 4:38 pm
looking to buy a camera. I heard the canon sd780 is the best. does anyone know of any others that are similar and cheeper? the sd780 costs $200 and would rather not spend that much. I want one that takes great pics and is good quality. not interested in spending so much on features that I dont use or dont even know about!

Maya

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 4:58 pm
pretty wrote:
looking to buy a camera. I heard the canon sd780 is the best. does anyone know of any others that are similar and cheeper? the sd780 costs $200 and would rather not spend that much. I want one that takes great pics and is good quality. not interested in spending so much on features that I dont use or dont even know about!

I can't answer your question because our camera is not in that price range. But if you want a camera that's good quality and takes great pictures, maybe it's worth it for you to learn all those features you don't know about.

pretty

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 5:13 pm
Hey, never thought of that! but there are so many features u dont use or dont need,...

Plonis

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 5:42 pm
Canon SD1200 is $150 on sale. It's a great camera.

momomany

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 5:47 pm
Th sd780 has 3x optical zoom, 12.1 megapixels & a 2.5" screen. If you look for those features in a fuji camera, you will pay much less. Make sure it has a lithium battery & uses SD cards. We love our fujis! You can probably get a larger screen size too.

momomany

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 5:50 pm
sd 1200 has 10.1 megapixels. btw, the only time you need more megapixels is if you intend to do big enlargements

pretty

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 6:08 pm
momomany wrote:
Th sd780 has 3x optical zoom, 12.1 megapixels & a 2.5" screen. If you look for those features in a fuji camera, you will pay much less. Make sure it has a lithium battery & uses SD cards. We love our fujis! You can probably get a larger screen size too.

is fuji a good company? better than sony?

Plonis

Post Wed, Jan 13 2010, 6:53 pm
Canon is (almost universally) considered the best in digital cameras.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 10:03 am
I wouldn't spend more money for more MP. I actually keep my camera on lower setting to save space -- more than 3 MP is good for most things. By the time you get to 6, it's overkill.

I personally like a larger optical zoom (NOT digital) and would get at least 4X in that price range.

Number_1

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 10:05 am
I have the SD1200 and its gr8! I actually lent it to someone the other day, he was trying to sell something online and needed very clear shots and he was sooo happy with the outcome. He said it came out better than his brand new SD780.

momomany

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 11:58 am
Quote:
Canon is (almost universally) considered the best in digital cameras

the best why?? better lenses? better pr & advertising? I think for a basic point & shoot, as long as you are getting the features you need, any decent company will be ok. our old fujis used aa batteries & xd cards which were more expensive, so that was a pain. our the newest fuji uses a rechargable special battery & sd cards just like the canons. one of my kids has a canon & I haven't noticed it being any better.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 12:26 pm
I went to J and R and asked for something around $100 that's easy to use.

pretty

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 3:08 pm
I spoke to my friend who works in b&h. she told me the sd780 is the best... bought it & hope I wont regret it!

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 5:54 pm
I have an older Canon SD750 and loved it! But somehow stopped working suddenly during my niece's chasunah, and doesn't seem to be the battery. Sad It does pay to get the extended warranty, because now I had to shell out for a new camera, it doesn't pay to fix it. My new camera I got talked into at the electronic store because it was a bit less. it's a Casio exelem, z - 29 and was "on sale". So far I can't figure out how to use the video feature, definitely less user friendly!

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 9:02 pm
Plonis wrote:
Canon SD1200 is $150 on sale. It's a great camera.
If you know anything about photos, the 1200 is one of the WORST of the SD series. Photos are extremely grainy except if it's in very well lit areas. Forget about an enlargement or crop.

momomany wrote:
Quote:
Canon is (almost universally) considered the best in digital cameras

the best why?? better lenses? better pr & advertising? I think for a basic point & shoot, as long as you are getting the features you need, any decent company will be ok. our old fujis used aa batteries & xd cards which were more expensive, so that was a pain. our the newest fuji uses a rechargable special battery & sd cards just like the canons. one of my kids has a canon & I haven't noticed it being any better.

They make very good quality cameras. I haven't seen any PR or advertising about them. There are big differences even between basic point and shoot. In quality of photos, ease of features etc...

For good comprehensive reviews on cameras, as well as comparisons between two choices, check out this site:

DPReview.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars