Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Problem with a skirt. What would you do?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 7:22 pm
What would you do?
I bought a skirt on final sale (in a regular heimishe store). the skirt has a few pleats that have accordian pleats in them. I was trying it on an they were bumping out since they were not pleated evenly. I asked the saleslady if there is a problem with the skirt. she said no, you should just give it in to be steamed at the cleaners. so, I bought the skirt.
I wanted to give it in to the cleaners, but they said that they can't fix it. steaming won't help because it was sewn in wrong.

what do I do?
do I give it back to the store and ask for a cash refund? (which I won't get bec they only give store credit)
what do I do if they don't want to give me back a refund.
I don't want store credit if there is something wrong with the skirt.
do I ask another (expensive) cleaners if it can be fixed?

BusyBeeMommy

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 7:25 pm
Go to one more cleaners and ask them for a second opinion. If they say the same thing, go back to the store and see what they say. Good luck!

WriterMom

Post Tue, Jan 05 2010, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
What would you do?
I bought a skirt on final sale (in a regular heimishe store). the skirt has a few pleats that have accordian pleats in them. I was trying it on an they were bumping out since they were not pleated evenly. I asked the saleslady if there is a problem with the skirt. she said no, you should just give it in to be steamed at the cleaners. so, I bought the skirt.
I wanted to give it in to the cleaners, but they said that they can't fix it. steaming won't help because it was sewn in wrong.

what do I do?
do I give it back to the store and ask for a cash refund? (which I won't get bec they only give store credit)
what do I do if they don't want to give me back a refund.
I don't want store credit if there is something wrong with the skirt.
do I ask another (expensive) cleaners if it can be fixed?

This happened to me once - the pleats wouldn't lie flat, the saleslady said it would look fine once it was worn, it didn't. The only useful lesson I gained was, if you don't like the way it looks and feels at the store, you're probably not going to like it more once you've got it home.

louche

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 2:33 pm
Rotsa ruck getting either one. Consider it rebbegelt, and in future remember that salespeople will lie through their teeth to make a sale. As posted above, if you don't love it in the store, it will not look any better at home. If you have any doubts whatsoever, don't buy it!

happy chick

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 4:31 pm
I would definitley take it back. even if you dont get your $ back at least she should know she lied and that you know she lied. good luck

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 4:33 pm
then bring it to me ... I'll sew down the pleats properly ...

amother

Post Wed, Jan 06 2010, 7:59 pm
I showed it to another cleaners. this one is expensive. he said that he will try it and see he doesn't know. in either case now the skirt is costing me another $14.
If it doesn't help, I will bring it back. I specificially left on the tags, and asked the cleaners if they can do it with the tags on.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 12 2010, 11:49 pm
I got it back from the cleaners and it didn't come out. I went straight afterwards to the store but the owner wasn't in. I left him a message and he called me back. the next day I went back to the store because he told me he would be in. he wasn't and he said he will call me when he comes into work. I think he is hidding from me.
I will try one more time, and if he doesn't want to see me and my skirt in person then I will need to dispute the card card charge.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 9:20 pm
So, I finally got ahold of the boss in person. He looked at the skirt and said he will see what he can do. He then went to the register and gave me a store credit, so then I asked him what is supposed to happen to the $14 I spent on the cleaners because I was lied to and said it's fixable, so he voided the credit and gave me a new credit with an extra $9 for the cleaners.
So now:
1. it's not fair that I need to get a store credit. a store credit is for when a customer changes their mind about an item, not for when he sold something that is not fixable and wearable and had his saleslady say that it is fixable by steaming it.
2. I don't think I should still be paying even part of the $14 from the cleaners since it was TOTALLY his store's fault. (it should also never have been put on the rack like that)

Any advice would help!!

nicole81

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 9:27 pm
I think it's more than fair what the store owner did for you.

you bought the skirt final sale so he would have been justified in not giving you a cent. I know you were lied to, but that's sales people for you.

it was very generous for him to give you a credit and pay for nearly the entire cleaners bill. use it to find something that looks good on you IN the store, and chalk up the rest of the money to a lesson well learned.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 14 2010, 11:04 pm
I WILL NOT BE GOING INTO THAT STORE ANYMORE!!!
I guess I will need to use up that credit at some point, but after that I will not be stepping into that store anymore.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics