Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Is it something wrong?

amother

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 10:11 pm
My baby is 8 months KA"H and for some reason I don't know why he doesn't have that typical baby reflex of sticking everything in his mouth. He grabs things and waves them around and passes them from hand to hand, but he doesn't bite them. He doesn't even like to bite teethers even though a bunch of teeth are coming in. Is there something wrong like he's missing a major important stage in babyhood or did any of your kids do that too?
Signed, Worried Mom

happyone

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 10:15 pm
Is the rest of his/her development concerning you as well?

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 10:49 pm
Well I doubt there is something to be concerned about. you see my 18mnths old twins r still putting almost everything in their mouth besides food Rolling Eyes oh it's a bit of an exageration but ya know what I mean. Twisted Evil ALl my other kids had stoped at a yr but since everything else is above and up to par the ped is not worried.Could be with him it will still happen Confused

amother

Post Tue, Apr 25 2006, 11:27 pm
hi its me again.
Happyone: No his other development I think is fine. he crawls ok even though he likes to slither better if u know what I mean. He babbles and stuff, and he's a very happy baby KA"H. But even though Im glad because my floors are not so clean I am not sure if I should be concerned.
Tefila: So u think its not really a big deal?

girliesmommy

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 6:56 am
My daughter never did it either. I thought about it a couple of times, but never gave it more thought than that. She's going on 3 now, and is perfectly fine!!!
(Actually, now she started putting her fingers in her mouth when she's shy, and it's driving me crazy!!!)

Jo

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 9:24 am
My cousin's first baby never put things in her mouth. She got such a shock with her second when she started to mouth everything . Most babies do mouth between 6-18 months but there are those that don't...
I doubt it is something to get too worried about

Frumom

Post Thu, Apr 27 2006, 1:48 pm
Ask your doctor if you're really that concerned. If he wasnt grabbing things, that would be diff. JMHO

raizy

Post Tue, May 02 2006, 9:54 pm
mine still mouth and they are definetely not babies anymore.be happy . that one habit u wont have to brake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics