Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Postville, iowa?

lady

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 10:00 pm
what's it like? My husbuand is a shochet and he's looking to move there. What's the community like? Do Lubavitchers still live there? how many families are tehre now?if someone can give me feedback I'd really appreciate it. thanks

amother

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 12:57 am
Uh, I don't they have a lot of openings for shochets there these days, am I wrong?

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 1:42 am
Did they close the plant down or did someone take it over? If it was taken over and is still working, there is surely a need for shochtim.
Hatzlacha raba (btw all the folks I knew there relocated).

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 2:22 am
The plant is def working but has slowed down some.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 9:23 am
ChossidMom wrote:
Did they close the plant down or did someone take it over? If it was taken over and is still working, there is surely a need for shochtim.
Hatzlacha raba (btw all the folks I knew there relocated).

Most of the main families, (ones who have been there for years) are still there and keeping it alive.
Plant was taken over but I don't know much about employment (don't live there now).
Still lubavitchers living there. How about calling one of the main families over there and talking to them?

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 8:30 pm
Dd and I will be in Postville (where DH is working), and I'm wondering if any mothers out there want to meet up. We'll be staying at the Pines Hotel, so any help with meals would be greatly appreciated!

PM me if you don't want the general board to know where you live.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating