Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Hair loss from shaitel?

amother

Post Sun, Feb 07 2010, 2:38 pm
I just just got married at the end of the December, and have mostly worn hats and tichels. I've worn a shaitel maybe 4-5 times for 3-6 hours at a time. However, I'm experiencing some hair loss that is in the form of a longer part going past the crown of my head. Is this normal (in that specific area) from a shaitel or from hats? I'm a BT so don't have much vicarious experience in this. I'm not experiencing any hair loss where the clips are. Needless to say, I'm freaking out! Thanks in advance for your answers...

shev

Post Sun, Feb 07 2010, 2:42 pm
Ive also had that hairs fell out of my wig so I gave it back to my shaitel macher and she restrengthened the hair and added some hair that fell out

mosma

Post Sun, Feb 07 2010, 4:09 pm
Does your sheitel come with a comb in the front? That happened to my sister.
My mother came up with a great idea that really helped. She puts two bobby pins criss cross (an x) on top of her head and then puts the comb in the bobby pins instead of her hair.

mimimom

Post Sat, Feb 13 2010, 6:48 pm
Your head is adjusting to being covered all the time. You may need a more moisturizing shampoo--and be really sure that you've rinsed really well. My hair changed when I started covering--oddly, keep the elements off made it a lot healthier--but I do remember it thinning a bit at first--and feeling REALLY hot all the time. Remember, you head is the main way you body regulates temperature--it's an adjustment, physically, when it's covered all the time. That being said, I wouldn't worry too much unless it keeps up. Oh, one more thing; are you keeping it in a tight pony to fit under whatever you're wearing? THAT would certainly cause hair loss.
Hatzlachah! At least nobody can see it. Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics