Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Help looking for recipe for onion blossom

elmos

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 9:12 pm
I saw a few weeks ago in a magazine a recipe for an onion blossom (onion flower ) like dougies sorta of I think it was from mishpacha not really sure if anyone knows this recipe or simmilar and can post would really appriciate.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Feb 02 2010, 9:47 pm
I don't have the recipe, but it was from the Family First issue that all the recipes included beer. From a couple of weeks ago.

elmos

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 12:18 pm
Thanks if anyone still has it the recipe wold be greatly appriciated

joy613

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 12:30 pm
I have it. cant get to it now. But will iy''h post it in a few hours. hope it can wait

mosma

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 12:49 pm
there's a whole bunch of recipes for it here: http://www.recipezaar.com/reci.....s.php

also includes the sauce recipe and has reviews

joy613

Post Wed, Feb 03 2010, 2:05 pm
Onion Blossoms from Family First

4-6 large onions

Beer batter:
1+3/4 cups flour
1+1/2 tsp baking powder
1+1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp yellow cornmeal
1+1/2 cups (12 oz) light beer
1 egg

For the beer batter: combine the dry ingredients. Add the beer and egg. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.

To assemble the onion blossoms, trim the ends of the onion, being careful to leave the bottom intact. Cut into the onion to form a blossom with 8-10 wedges, making sure not to slice all the way through the bottom.
Heat oil in a pot or deep fryer. Dip the cut onion into the beer batter, make sure to separeate the wedges so that the batter covers all the pieces. When the oil is very hot, place the blossoms in the oil, making sure the slices are separated and aren't sticking together too much. Fry for 8 minutres, turning over the blossoms, if necessary.

Serve with honey-mustard sauce.
NOTE: got extra batter? dip zucchini slices into the batter and fry.

Good luck. let me know how it comes out. I never got around to making it yet.

elmos

Post Thu, Feb 04 2010, 9:23 am
Thanks for the recipes when I do it will let you know how it came out. ?Due to some stuff that came up it will not be made this week.

elmos

Post Sat, Mar 06 2010, 10:32 pm
I finally made the recipe and used small onion which might have been the mistake it tasted great but the onion pieces din't get fully coated and seperated I used the batter also to do cauliflower and chicken and everyone inhaled it. Thanks for posting
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes